MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Is there a problem becoming excusive at istock and be apart of that site?  (Read 6758 times)

« on: August 20, 2008, 01:46 »
Is there a problem becoming exclusive at istock and be apart of that site?
If I want yo become exclusive in istock can it become a problem by using that site?

amit

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 02:02 »
I am not sure i understand your question.

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 02:18 »
to become exclusive photographer you can not sell images in differnt istock sites only in istockphoto.
this site is only a forum. am I right?

grp_photo

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 02:19 »
Is there a problem becoming exclusive at istock and be apart of that site?
If I want yo become exclusive in istock can it become a problem by using that site?

amit
Probably Sjlocke got banned because of that ;D (just joking)
Actually nobody really knows (but this forum is obviously monitored by istock-admins) but if you use a different username here than on istock you can stay anonymous so you can use free speech without fear.

grp_photo

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 02:20 »
to become exclusive photographer you can not sell images in differnt istock sites only in istockphoto.
this site is only a forum. am I right?

yes only a forum

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 07:26 »
I still don't know what he's asking...

RT

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 07:37 »
I think he's asking if he can still be a member here when he becomes exclusive at iStock, in which case the answers yes.

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 08:13 »
with the spelling and english corrected, I think he said this

Is there a problem becoming exclusive at istock and being apart of this site?
If I want to become exclusive to istock will it be a problem using this site?

amazing what a small difference this and that makes :)  Glad I didn't have to learn english as a second language!

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 08:44 »
Ah, ok.  Why, leaf, are you going to start selling images here ;) ?

RT

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 12:18 »
Hey Leaf if you are thinking of selling images here I've got a couple of tips for you.

- Get everybody to upload their images on the promise of a huge marketing campaign once the site goes live, then do bugger all marketing.

- Once everyone's uploaded their stuff and sales are starting to come in introduce a subscription plan that screws the contributors.

- Promise FTP in the near future, and then keep promising it at regular intervals.

- When reviewing batches that include a series of shots, accept two and reject the rest for obscure reasons, contributors like that.

- Once a contributor has reached a payout level and requests payment, issue a notice stating that there's a problem with Paypal, then leave it a week or so before you payout.

- But the most important thing is to have a mixed bag of reviewers, get some with good experience in the stock industry, but also get some half blind part timers who only ever used a camera phone, and never let the contributors know about your review standards policy.

- Oh forgot to mention, make sure the search results are based on some obscure equation, only let people keyword in Mongolian and then make sure that only the 12-19th keywords are taken into account, also after every six months change it all round.

All this may sound like a stupid thing to do, but trust me there's a lot of sites making good money using these policies.  :D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 12:22 by RT »

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 16:57 »
i think you missed the thread where we discussed the 'perfect' stock site RT...

.. and no i'm not going to start selling images here (and yes i realize you both were joking but am guessing not everyone will get it)

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 17:38 »

.. and no i'm not going to start selling images here (and yes i realize you both were joking but am guessing not everyone will get it)

*! I was starting to look for the upload button, and getting my complaint ready for tommorrow that I hadn't got any sales so far :)

RT

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 18:07 »

! I was starting to look for the upload button, and getting my complaint ready for tommorrow that I hadn't got any sales so far :)

You're going to get me into trouble.

DanP68

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 02:34 »

Was it this one?

http://www.microstockgroup.com/index.php/topic,3896.0.html

And don't forget Leaf to build a huge advantage for Premium Members into the search engine.  You can call it "PM" or "Premium Match".  We should all get crowns or something too. 

I've already created the "canister" icons to denote downloads:

:'(  0 downloads and 0 views
 :(  0 downloads and 1 to 9 views
 ???  0 downloads and 10 to 99 views
 :-\  0 downloads and 100 to 9999 views
 >:(  0 downloads and over 10,000 views
 :o  A download
 8)  Yuri

Microbius

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 03:59 »
Hey Leaf if you are thinking of selling images here I've got a couple of tips for you.

- Get everybody to upload their images on the promise of a huge marketing campaign once the site goes live, then do bugger all marketing.

- Once everyone's uploaded their stuff and sales are starting to come in introduce a subscription plan that screws the contributors.

- Promise FTP in the near future, and then keep promising it at regular intervals.

- When reviewing batches that include a series of shots, accept two and reject the rest for obscure reasons, contributors like that.

- Once a contributor has reached a payout level and requests payment, issue a notice stating that there's a problem with Paypal, then leave it a week or so before you payout.

- But the most important thing is to have a mixed bag of reviewers, get some with good experience in the stock industry, but also get some half blind part timers who only ever used a camera phone, and never let the contributors know about your review standards policy.

- Oh forgot to mention, make sure the search results are based on some obscure equation, only let people keyword in Mongolian and then make sure that only the 12-19th keywords are taken into account, also after every six months change it all round.

All this may sound like a stupid thing to do, but trust me there's a lot of sites making good money using these policies.  :D

genius  ;D

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 04:01 »

Was it this one?

http://www.microstockgroup.com/index.php/topic,3896.0.html

yeah, thats the one i was thinking of.