pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Video not popular...?  (Read 2954 times)

« on: August 20, 2008, 15:57 »
I guess video isn't very popular on StockXpert yet (I notice they don't do any advertising for it outside of their own site).  I've had my top sellers up there for a couple of weeks and while they get lots and lots of views, no sales.  Most of them have sold several times over on other sites.

Must learn patience... :)

grp_photo

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 16:17 »
On which sites you sell your videos?

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 17:36 »
Pond5, Interclips, Motiondrops, Tradebit, AlwaysHD, Cutcaster, are the top ones, plus a half dozen others that are specialized (worship, multimedia, intros, etc...) plus I sell collection DVDs on eBay and Amazon.

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 09:14 »
dnavarrojr, do you have a premium account at Interclips? Do you think it is worth having one?

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 14:54 »
dnavarrojr, do you have a premium account at Interclips? Do you think it is worth having one?

I do not have a premium account and to me personally, it's not worth it.  The whole idea is kind of stupid as they are taking money from the people who make them money.

And the only reason I am even there is because I see very little PAL sales on the bigger/better known sites but a lot of non-english customers seem to be using Interclips.  I haven't sold a lot there, but my portfolio on their site is small so far (I have two accounts there by accident, still trying to get them to combine the two).  Still transferring a lot of stuff (poor connection between here and Germany, so uploads go slowly for me).

I spent a couple hours doing searched for stock footage on various search engines and StockXpert only appeared on 2 of them around the 10th page.  They weren't on any of the first 15 pages for Google.  So the only people buying there at the moment must be existing photo clients who also dabble in video.  They don't appear to be doing much of anything to attract video customers.