MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Strange Royalty Amount at SV  (Read 8377 times)

DanP68

« on: August 21, 2008, 22:26 »
Whenever I click on my royalty amount at Snapvillage, instead of getting my sales figures, I get a strange message:

Current month accrued royalty:  No royalties have been accrued

What does this mean?   Does anyone else get this strange message?

::)

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 23:01 »
Whenever I click on my royalty amount at Snapvillage, instead of getting my sales figures, I get a strange message:

I've seen that message before.  I think it means about the same thing as the "Comb the desert" scene/gag in the movie Spaceballs.

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 23:06 »

it means SV sucks.

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 18:13 »
There may be life yet!

After only receiving sub sales for the last month (no credit sales)  I got my first EL there today, but at 30% of $50 I only got $15.

It's enough to keep me uploading for now :-)

DanP68

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 22:18 »
I'll give credit where credit is due.  Back to back days with credit sales, and now I have a cool $6 off of 2 sales.  Well done SV.  Now let's make some money together!   8)

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 02:16 »
I'll give credit where credit is due.  Back to back days with credit sales, and now I have a cool $6 off of 2 sales.  Well done SV.  Now let's make some money together!   8)
Wow, you're that excited over 2 sales and $6 ... I want to be around you when you get an EL!

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 02:29 »
well glad things are 'picking up' for you Dan.  For me it is still surprisingly few sales.  I really thought that being owned by Corbis would help them in some way, but my August sales were but a few subscriptions, and to put it in perspective...

ALL of my august sales at SnapVillage were 1/10 of ONE average day on shutterstock.

DanP68

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 03:41 »
Wow, you're that excited over 2 sales and $6 ... I want to be around you when you get an EL!

Yeah, I know.  It's ridiculous to rejoice over a site finally getting me sale...or two.  I've been there 2 months and didn't see anything.  Now I get sales on back to back days.  Go figure.

If I celebrated every time I had a sale at Shutterstock, I'd be in traction by late morning.

DanP68

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 03:45 »
well glad things are 'picking up' for you Dan.  For me it is still surprisingly few sales.  I really thought that being owned by Corbis would help them in some way, but my August sales were but a few subscriptions, and to put it in perspective...

ALL of my august sales at SnapVillage were 1/10 of ONE average day on shutterstock.

I turned off subs Leaf.  I figure if they are only going to get me a few sales, those sales had better be $3 or more after commission.

Since we are having fun with math equations, here is mine from August:

Entire month at Yaymicro + Entire month at Featurepics + Entire month at Snapvillage = 1/2 x (1 Day at Shutterstock)

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 04:14 »
well thats a good idea allright.

Is there a way to globally turn off subscription on all images?  I turned it off on the 'default pricing setting' but i am unsure if that will go for new images or will change all images?

DanP68

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 05:10 »
It only changes new images unfortunately.  You could ask admin to reset all of your images.  Someone on this board had admin set all their images to a certain price recently.

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 11:39 »
well thats a good idea allright.

Is there a way to globally turn off subscription on all images?  I turned it off on the 'default pricing setting' but i am unsure if that will go for new images or will change all images?

Hi Leaf -

DanP68 is right. The pricing controls on your "My Account" dashboard change the settings for future uploads, not your current portfolio. Not an ideal design.

Email or PM me if you want to change your entire portfolio en masse and we can tackle if from the back end.

( definitely something we'll be fixing later this fall, soon after we finish the big release we're working on now )

- Brian (SV)

DanP68

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 14:59 »
Compete.com estimates unique visitors grew at SV in August by over 50% to about 30,000.  By comparison, Bigstock is about 120,000, so there is a long way to go.  But that is a nice move in a "slow month" where many agencies saw a drop in visitors.

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 19:28 »
Compete.com estimates unique visitors grew at SV in August by over 50% to about 30,000.  By comparison, Bigstock is about 120,000, so there is a long way to go.  But that is a nice move in a "slow month" where many agencies saw a drop in visitors.

Hi Dan -

According to our in-house data, those numbers from Compete are pretty low by about 50,000 - but I'm no expert on how that stuff works and why traffic numbers seem to differ from one measurement tool to another. Working to convert many more of those visitors into sales is a big big challenge, but we're working on it... more to come.

- brian (SV)

DanP68

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 21:31 »
Sounds good Brian.  I've gone 1 consecutive day(s) without a sale, so we need to break that streak.   8)