pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Cutcaster prices and which images  (Read 6013 times)

« on: September 17, 2008, 05:46 »
Hi everyone,

I decided to join Cutcaster today, but I'm not sure which files to upload and what prices to set...  Are you guys uploading the same photos you are uploading to other agencies, or are you uploading differen photos?  The reason I'm asking is that CutCaster's pricing model, where you set your own prices, is different.  If I were to upload the same photos I submitted to agencies like IStockPhoto, Shutterstock, Dreamstime, Stocxpert, etc. what would be a fair price?

I hope you can give me some advice on this...  This is all still pretty new to me.  Thanks in advance.

Inge

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 09:26 »
I put all my photos on "Cutcaster algorithm".. Now some of my photos have prices from 8 to 49 $...

I saw on blog that prices with that options can have prices only between 8 and 15 at start...

Is it possible that some photos can have price more than 15 $ (29,49 etc.) in that pricing model?

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 09:52 »
I put all my photos on "Cutcaster algorithm".. Now some of my photos have prices from 8 to 49 $...

I saw on blog that prices with that options can have prices only between 8 and 15 at start...

Is it possible that some photos can have price more than 15 $ (29,49 etc.) in that pricing model?

I do the same...I let Cutcaster to decide....

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 12:17 »
Thanks for the quick replies.  Sounds like the best option for me too. :)

Inge

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 16:11 »
I put all my photos on "Cutcaster algorithm".

I'm curious, how does this work? I'm sure it is not just a $/Mpix calculation.

Regards,
Adelaide

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 16:12 »

I do the same...I let Cutcaster to decide....

ditto

it is their 'new strategy' so i thought i would let them decide.  If i feel i have a better idea of how to price my images in the future i will pick my prices, but until then, they can choose

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 17:49 »
Cutcaster has great idea with pricing!

Its pleasure to see each day where price is rising where is falling...

You have on Cutaster blog and FAQ all about pricing algorithm...

Time will come for Cutcaster, when photographer decide "I won't give my photos for peanuts any more" and when will be matter, who will have that photo first before others.... Soon!

Quality and originality in front of quantity...

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 14:20 »
I'm uploading to Cutcaster now as well.  I've set the algorithm to start at a 30.00 minimum.  I'm really trying to get away from microstock-type payouts for my images.  I uploaded 400 images via their FTP,so I've got my work cut out for me over the next week or two to get them submitted.  So far I'm quite liking their uploading features except that the thumbnail generator isn't happening for most of my uploaded photos.

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 14:39 »
I *only* uploaded about 70 photos and illustrations in the past few days and even I spent several hours categorizing them, etc.  I can only imagine how much work 400 images will be!

I had the thumbnail problem with about three of my images.  I wasn't sure if those images had been uploaded correctly, so I deleted them and tried again.  No problems the second attempt.  Since I deleted them and tried again, I am still not sure if they would have been processed correctly anyway, or if the images would have been missing / corrupted.

Since you have 400 images, I sure hope you don't have to resubmit them...  I think I have seen someone from CutCaster respond to messages on this board, so maybe they can tell us what is going on with those images, and maybe fix the problem?

Inge

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 13:26 »
How can I sort my pics in download tab with "number of views"...!???
When I put on that option and click reload nothing happen, "sort by date" stays...

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 14:09 »
I found solution...! No problem!
Thank you John for quick response...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 14:22 by borg »