MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Any Photos.com Sales lately?  (Read 32056 times)

lisafx

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 08:57 »
Thanks again Steve.  Good to know we will not be out anything. 

Hope there are lots of sales at Photos.com and StockXpert, then we will all be pleasantly surprised with a bonus!  :)

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2008, 10:22 »
It may be too soon but has anybody noticed Photos.com sales logged yet? Current or past dated?

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2008, 11:10 »
Non for me yet, and I was getting them everyday.

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2008, 12:31 »
Will see... hopefully it kicks in soon  :-\

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2008, 12:48 »
Nothing here either and I was getting multiple sales daily.

It may be too soon but has anybody noticed Photos.com sales logged yet? Current or past dated?

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2008, 14:24 »
I do not see any download on my account since Oct 2nd. If this a bug when it's going to be fixed?

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2008, 14:32 »
I do not see any download on my account since Oct 2nd. If this a bug when it's going to be fixed?

And are all the earnings that havn't posted going to be given to us or does this bug screw us out of the past months sub earnings?

Obviously I too have not had any and usually one every day or at least every other day..

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2008, 16:01 »
I am still looking forward to finding a huge pile of sub-sales on my account one of these days. Prior to the bug I usually had a few of them every day...

lisafx

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2008, 16:29 »
I am looking forward to it too, but this is dragging out a bit too long for my comfort.  If the sales from Photos.com and JU don't start showing soon I will have to reevaluate whether I want to stay opted in. 

I am not at all comfortable with the current situation where my images are being downloaded and I am not receiving my royalties or even any record of the transactions.  Fixing this bug ASAP needs to be a top priority. 

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2008, 17:04 »
I have a different question: how many of you have received a REAL sale, US$50 or above?

Regards,
Adelaide

lisafx

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2008, 17:18 »
I have a different question: how many of you have received a REAL sale, US$50 or above?

Regards,
Adelaide

DanP mentioned having one.  That's the only one I've heard about. 

dbvirago

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2008, 20:01 »
I am looking forward to it too, but this is dragging out a bit too long for my comfort.  If the sales from Photos.com and JU don't start showing soon I will have to reevaluate whether I want to stay opted in. 

I am not at all comfortable with the current situation where my images are being downloaded and I am not receiving my royalties or even any record of the transactions.  Fixing this bug ASAP needs to be a top priority. 

Agreed. Something this critical is taking too long.

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2008, 23:58 »
No signifigant sales... loads of StockXpert subs    :-\

This is another distasteful situation which potentially wouldn't haven't been brought out for quite a while if it had not been for this thread. So thank you to lisafx :-*
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 00:03 by NYTumbleweeds »

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2008, 10:27 »
Steve, do you have any updates for us?

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2008, 11:04 »
My images were a part of the issue with the PPD sized images selling as large size on Photos.com plus.

It seems to me,  at the same time they corrected that sizing problem,  the sales stats for photos.com and jupiterimages unlimited disappeared.

It would be nice to get more updates on this newest bug.

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2008, 16:39 »
 55 photos.com sales last month so almost 2 per day all very consistant from the start of the program until oct 2, at which it died and I haven't had a sale since. (But my pay per download on StockXpert has picked up again since which is total concidence but worth more so I'm happy).

Phil

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2008, 20:49 »
Sick of playing another waiting game for JI. I'm out of subs again. >:(

That's my 30 worth...and whoo I feel better already!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 20:53 by NYTumbleweeds »

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2008, 22:06 »
And here I was thinking it was just me . . .

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2008, 09:57 »
Just in case you missed it @ StockXpert:

. Oct 15, 2008 5:58 AM | posted by skapsinow

Hi everyone,

This bug was only discovered last week. Unfortnately the developer tasked with this aspect of development was out all last week. He is back now. This is a high priority for us, and he is in the process of identifying the problem.

I'll continue to provide updates when I hear more. I am on top of this.

Thanks
Steve

lisafx

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2008, 11:33 »
Hopefully by Friday, (a full work week for the returning programmer and two full calendar weeks of no sales recorded) it will be fixed.  If not I will most likely follow NYTumbleweeds lead and opt out of subscriptions. 

jsnover

« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2008, 14:21 »
I used to work as a software engineer, and while it's true that it's always easier for the person who knows an area of code to be the one to diagnose and fix problems, in an urgent situation, anyone competent can debug and fix problems. If that weren't the case, companies would go down the tubes when there was staff  turnover.

All that says to me that they think it's low priority - and given that no one looked at the problem last week, the earlier assurances (before the vacationing person returned) that all the sales were being tracked seem premature.

I know these things are no longer my issue, but my BS sensors (highly tuned by my children) went off when I read this explanation.

lisafx

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2008, 14:37 »
Good point JoAnn. 

OTOH, why should fixing this be a top priority?  For going on two weeks Jupiter Images is collecting money for our images and not having to pay out any royalties on those sales. 

What's to change?  ;)

Seriously though, I can't believe there isn't more of an uproar about this.  This is the first time in my memory that a stock agency has failed to record sales or pay royalties to each and every contributor for a significant and sustained period of time.  And apparently almost nobody cares?!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 14:39 by lisafx »

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2008, 16:08 »
So they got free ride for two weeks? Wow, why would they worry if they find unexpected money :-)

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2008, 16:15 »
The curious things about these bugs (in any site) is that things were working before, then all of a sudden something odd happens.  I'm always intrigued by this.

I am an engineer and I do some very basic programming when needed (we have a staff for serious programming).  I've seen things go wrong when someone uses an old source code file, not the latest, for editing, but I guess serious programmers have solved this by now.  And in my own very little programs, I NEVER made it available before testing everything again (not only changes).

Consider this your punishment for taking part in a subscription site.  ;)

Regards,
Adelaide

lisafx

« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2008, 16:46 »

I am an engineer and I do some very basic programming when needed (we have a staff for serious programming).  I've seen things go wrong when someone uses an old source code file, not the latest, for editing, but I guess serious programmers have solved this by now.  And in my own very little programs, I NEVER made it available before testing everything again (not only changes).

Exactly!  I am certain that if the programming error resulted in them paying out unearned royalties to contributors it would be corrected in a heartbeat.

Consider this your punishment for taking part in a subscription site.  ;)

Amen sister!  It's starting to feel like that.... :-\