MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Any Photos.com Sales lately?  (Read 32154 times)

« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2008, 16:49 »
You do not believe we will be paid our money for the last fortnight then?  ???

lisafx

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2008, 17:07 »
You do not believe we will be paid our money for the last fortnight then?  ???

I certainly hope they will pay us eventually, but so far there is no ETA on when - could be much more than a fortnight -  and without even a record of sales how are we supposed to know what we are owed? 

My point wasn't that they won't eventually pay us, but that if they were losing their money instead of sitting on ours it would be a much higher priority to fix it.

« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2008, 17:23 »

I am an engineer and I do some very basic programming when needed (we have a staff for serious programming).  I've seen things go wrong when someone uses an old source code file, not the latest, for editing, but I guess serious programmers have solved this by now.  And in my own very little programs, I NEVER made it available before testing everything again (not only changes).

Exactly!  I am certain that if the programming error resulted in them paying out unearned royalties to contributors it would be corrected in a heartbeat.

Absolutely... because someone somewhere is paid to notice these accounting issues. Just like somebody had to of noticed something like this occuring. This is a major error even if it is a low earning sub site (division) >:(

dbvirago

« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2008, 18:25 »
Here is another possiblity. It wasn't the 'the developer tasked with this aspect of development ' that was on vacation, but 'the developer' period.  I don't know how large the staff is in these companies, but how many full time developers do you need? If I am out, programming doesn't happen. Of course, I wouldn't release new code before leaving for vacation.

RT

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2008, 06:10 »
Here's an interesting scenario, I wonder how seriously they'll take this problem when people start noticing their images being used that they haven't had any recorded sales for and subsequently start contacting the companies that are using the images asking them if they purchased the image.

I'm sure after a few customers complain about being 'accused' of image theft JI will take this problem a lot more seriously!

lisafx

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2008, 10:14 »
Good point Richard. 

And/or if a significant number of people start opting out of subscriptions as I plan to do tomorrow if this isn't fixed.

« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2008, 15:25 »
There will be an StockXpert site outage tonight at 9pm ET. We will be rolling out a  major upgrade of the StockXpert application code base and database systems. This has been a huge undertaking that required a lot of dev time, but it's something that has to be done and has taken priority over other items. So in short, I don't think the reporting bug will be fixed by tomorrow, but I know it is one of the next items on the to-do list.

Thanks,
-Steve

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2008, 15:37 »
That proves it was never high priority. I just turned off subs until it going to be fixed.

dbvirago

« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2008, 17:32 »
There will be an StockXpert site outage tonight at 9pm ET. We will be rolling out a  major upgrade of the StockXpert application code base and database systems. This has been a huge undertaking that required a lot of dev time, but it's something that has to be done and has taken priority over other items. So in short, I don't think the reporting bug will be fixed by tomorrow, but I know it is one of the next items on the to-do list.

Thanks,
-Steve

That statement and "This bug was only discovered last week. Unfortnately the developer tasked with this aspect of development was out all last week. He is back now. This is a high priority for us, and he is in the process of identifying the problem." don't exactly jibe.

lisafx

« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2008, 17:32 »

Thanks,
-Steve

Well, I appreciate the update, Steve, but you guys (or the people you work for) don't seem to get that failing to report and pay your contributors for weeks of downloads is not just a minor bug.  

It's a big deal.  I am shocked that JI is refusing to address this, especially coming so soon on the heels of the disasterous way that the photos.com/ JIU rollout was handled.  This is a serioius violation of your contract with your contributors.  

I refuse to allow Jupiter Images to profit from the sale of my images without paying me for them.  It's been two weeks and counting.  That is too long.  

I just opted out of subscriptions.  

« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2008, 17:37 »
I just opted out of subscriptions.  

Me too.. That is a really stupid way to treat your supply chain.. This is not Minor, I havn't seen anything for more than half a month.. This is a business and if you are selling subscriptions and making money and your suppliers are not being paid for their part in the roll and you cannot account for their downloads, that is nothing more than theft in my book.. Bugs are acceptable, but letting them sit around and especially with such a big bugand not making it a priority is unacceptable..
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 17:42 by tubed »

« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2008, 17:47 »
I opted out as well, with ALL my 150 images!!!! 

RT

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2008, 18:06 »
Steve,

Nothing personal against you because I appreciate you may just be the messenger but your latest reply just goes to show how contributors are thought of within JI, and as a result I've also opted out of subscriptions and Partner Licensing.

« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2008, 20:02 »
Hi everyone,

I enquired again about the fix for the Photos.com+ reporting bug. It will actually be rolled out with tonight's upgrade.

Sorry for any inconvenience or confusion on my part about this.

Thanks,
-Steve

« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2008, 01:46 »
That proves it was never high priority. I just turned off subs until it going to be fixed.

What happens if we turn off subs and our pictures stay on photos.com?
anyone know how long it will take for them to come down (or if they will)?

CofkoCof

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2008, 04:51 »
Looks like StockXpert is having some problems with this fix, I can't login :D

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2008, 05:59 »
Now I can log in but I haven't still nothing from photos.com..
But views are explode...

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2008, 06:01 »
I can log-in too and I have even had one photos.com sale. But nothing for the last two weeks! And I can see some mistake in earnings - unless it is a bonus from SX for the bug!

dbvirago

« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2008, 06:13 »
Still Nothing showing up for two weeks from photos.com. What's going on with the fix?

« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2008, 06:21 »
I had one today.

« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2008, 08:11 »
I've had 10 today but the backdated ones aren't showing up yet.

lisafx

« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2008, 10:03 »
I've had 10 today but the backdated ones aren't showing up yet.

Me too.  I had several today, but still no credit for the back ones. 

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2008, 10:22 »
I'm in the same boat - sales, but the payment history seems to be lagging.  Hopefully the upgrade will catch up with this.

« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2008, 10:40 »
What a mess... I have photos.com sales logged for today, I'm opted out of subs.

Cashing out is no longer an option because of balances being incorrect.... largely.

I think they need to shut down to fix this... people are reporting odd problems all over.

« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2008, 10:56 »
I had downloads finaly logged today and some that showed from previous.. But what I am concerned with and wondering about is I see a photos.com pay per download for .30 - what's up with that? Aren't the pay per downloads supposed to be more than the subscription prices?

I am starting worry, plus I have opted out of subs yesterday, shouldn't be getting subs today..