pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Trouble with uploads  (Read 5365 times)

« on: October 17, 2008, 10:50 »
Has anybody else experienced problems uploading to mp lately?  I've got a whole load in my FTP queue but they aren't going anywhere.

hali

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 13:03 »
do you really like MP?  is it more like flickr with people rating your photos.. very amateurish.  i don't like it when they let other ppl rate your photos, esp when their photos are full of noise,etc..  what's your opinion on MP?

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 18:01 »
The only reason I like MP is because it's a good place to store stuff online free of charge.  flickr and pbase and other similar sites charge you by the month.

charlesknox

• www.charlesknoxphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 20:01 »
I've been debating dropping MP for awhile now im still not sure

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 14:26 »
Has anybody else experienced problems uploading to mp lately?  I've got a whole load in my FTP queue but they aren't going anywhere.

they've had an intermittent problem -- about a week ago i had 50 images ftp'd and their import would take 1, then die; if i refreshed, it would take another 1.  i reported this and they said it was a known problem -- it was fixed the next day and i havent had  any trouble with ftp since.

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 09:17 »
The standard upload form is broken too now, I upload and the pictures vanish into the never never...

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 10:05 »
Why do you waste your time with MP ???

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 10:06 »
do you really like MP?  is it more like flickr with people rating your photos.. very amateurish.
Correct. When everybody had about the same MPI, I sold 3 shots quickly after upload, the last one in April. After that, nothing any more. Go figure, they give you even points for logging in. What's more, sold pictures don't contribute to your MPI at all, unlike what the MP guy claimed here.

I logged in lately (after many months) just to find a shot of a Swedish guy on the frontpage, that had an MPI of 1000+. His portfolio is stockwise crap. My MPI still hovers around 40-50. The philosophy of the site just stinks. Obviously there are rating clubs and MP doesn't do anything against it. Very Flickerish indeed.

I stopped uploading and around Xmas I'm going to dump them, along with SV, Crestock, Zym, YAY and some others that couldn't live up to their promise, and just concentrate on the big 6.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 10:15 by FlemishDreams »

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 14:28 »
Right now I'm a relative newcomer to the stock world so for me it seems wiser to get my images out there on as many sites as I can while I test the waters and learn my way round, MP while I can see isn't likely to make me any money and the voting system is flawed, it is giving me input on the few pictures I've got and helping me try to find which path I wish to take in regards to subjects. I'm sure as I find my way and hopefully get good enough to go with some of the bigger companies I'll cut myself down and be more selective.

dbvirago

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 16:16 »
Yeah, I stopped uploading when the upload problems started happening.  Sold several early on, good money, but the points crap has made the sight useless. MP is a waste of time.

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 03:15 »
As I originally stated, the only reason I upload to MP is because it's a good place for online storage.  I haven't sold anything there, but I can upload pretty much anything I want, and I use the site as online storage.

Mind you, don't blab this around - MP might get wise to that tactic........ ;)