MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: MB problems, now in FP  (Read 5996 times)

« on: November 25, 2008, 17:09 »
Moneybookers is suspending service for US customers who send money internationally.
If your current payment option "Moneybooker"
Below is what they have posted on their website:
"IMPORTANT NOTICE
We regret to inform you that payments between US customers, and US customers and international customers using the Send Money service are no longer supported.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

They are asking for clarification from MB.

Regards,
Adelaide

Milinz

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 04:33 »
And working on solution!

Yes I like FeaturePics indeed!

They are fast, accurate and even they let me make contact with one customer who ordered 3 custom vector images from me.

I've uploaded that images on FP - and customer bought it from there. All happy.

I had possibility to work directly with customer - but agency connected us and they earned their cut!

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 06:23 »
It's not only FP. MB doesn't support payments in dollars anymore. I just wrote a complain to MB and I am waiting for answer. I said that hundreds of photographers like me use moneybookers as only option. I suggest that we all do the same. Maybe they will think about it.

Milinz

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 18:15 »
It's not only FP. MB doesn't support payments in dollars anymore. I just wrote a complain to MB and I am waiting for answer. I said that hundreds of photographers like me use moneybookers as only option. I suggest that we all do the same. Maybe they will think about it.

As I saw on my account there, it says that all transactions are always carried in US Dollars... So, I think you might be wrong on that part.
The rest of your post I agree except we should complain... It is more likely that someone from US government asked that they do it via diplomatic channels... The main point is that MB allows e-gambling (because it is allowed by UK and EU laws) and USA laws don't allow that!

IMHO, all what is happening about MB is temporary and will be solved soon.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 18:18 »
Does anyone know of any other site affected by this?  Did anyone in the USA get any notice from MB about this?

Regards,
Adelaide

una

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 21:43 »
I know that SS, StockXpert and FL are working, got my money today from FL and StockXpert, and a note from SS.:)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 22:18 by una »

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 02:52 »

I have USD account, and yesterday I received USD payment from StockXpert, IS, and FT. Today I expect a payment from DT. All succesfully withdrawed to my bank account. No problems at all. So far.

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 09:02 »
Peter,

The problem seems to be related to sending money using a MB account, not receiving it or withdrawing it (I also got my money transferred last week).  But anyway, although my account is USA-based, my address is not USA, so I am not subject to some rules, I guess - and I believe it is your case too.

Regards,
Adelaide

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 11:20 »
That makes sense.

There should be more options for payout, so people dont depend on only one agency.