MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: slow reviews  (Read 6565 times)

Greg Boiarsky

« on: March 16, 2006, 14:35 »
Has anyone else noticed the slowdown in review times?  I've had stuff at Istock for over a week, and stuff at Shutterstock for several days.  The Shutterstock times are especially disappointing, given that they were taking a few hours just two weeks ago.

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 15:01 »
Sorry I didn't respond to your questions in the other thread. IStockPhoto is getting really slow; over two weeks. My personal feelings is that they have a tiered system and depending on your tier that decides how quickly they will review your work. They want their best photogs to get the most attention. They really don't need new photags as much as they used to and they are now trying to keep their best photogs happy and producing top stuff. I could be wrong but that is my speculation.

I don't have an account with Shutterstock, I got denied because only 6 out of 10 passed. So I will wait a few months and try again.

But in general I'm coming from Alamy where it would take about 6 weeks to get a CD out the door and approved. It also required more prep time. So under two weeks sounds great to me. I don't think IStockPhoto is going to improve any time soon. They simply don't need to. All of the other sites are still competing so they will fight to keep the review time down.

Mark

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 17:13 »
Yeah i agree, I think Istock may have a tierd system, I believe they also have WAY more submissions to go through.

I think they are just as eager to get photos in their database though as other sites because shutterstock for example is right on their tail, as far as giving the photog good earnings, and having just as many images to offer the buyer.

Greg Boiarsky

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 17:44 »
Finally, after 8 days, got three up on Istock.  I suppose that's not very long, but it sure seems like forever when Shutterstock was only taking a few hours.

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 21:00 »
Hi, it took me about 2 days to get my pictures reviewed at shutterstock. I uploaded the same pictures at Fotolia and Dreamstime the same day, they still have not been reviewed.

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 12:44 »
Just for the people who are interested: I had 10 the same Pictures uploaded at Shuttersstock, Dreamstime and Fotolia. I uploaded them on Tuesday. On thursday I had them reviewed on Shutterstock. Today (Friday) they were reviewed at Dreamstime and Fotolia. Trough my general experience I thought Shutterstock would accept the least, because my experience taught me they were the most picky ones. I thought in addition trough my experience that Fotolia would accept the most, probably all of them and dreamstime would be quite picky too.

The surprising outcome was following:

Shutterstock: 7 accepted
Dreamstime: 10 accepted
Fotolia: 4 accepted.

(Maybe I should just stop thinking..)

The next surprising thing was that from the 4 Fotolia selected 2 were denied at Shutterstock. The reason for denial was at all of them due to technical problems at Shutterstock (blurry, lens flare and so on..) and Fotolia. However I am happy with that since Dreamstime and Shutterstock are my best income. Although I have the most Photos at Fotolia.

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 12:57 »
yeah that is surprising... that seem opposite of what usually happens.

shuttestock accepts the most
fotolia is middle picky
and dremstime is ridiculous picky...

interesting :)