pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Two quick questions for anyone who knows Windows/Photoshop quirks  (Read 2904 times)

« on: October 21, 2006, 14:26 »
Calling a photoshop/adobe expert...  I just installed Photoshop CS2 (was using Photoshop Elements) and two things have changed on my pc that I'd like to change back.  I assume Photoshop did this. 

1) My Pixvue (keywording software) no longer presents itself as an option when I right click a .jpg file.  I played around with Adobe Bridge to keyword but found it painful.  How do I get the menu item to come back?

2)I lost most of the details that used to be displayed when I passed my cursor over a jpg file (like f stop and shutter speed) when viewing documents in "my documents".  Any idea on how to get this back?  I know that Bridge lets you see the info in Metadata but I don't like the hastle of opening the software just to get the details.

For what it's worth, I had always heard that CS2 was much better than Elements but I'm not finding that to be true.  I know I need to play around more with it and I will learn to love it but I miss some of the ease of Elements.  In general I find I'm clicking a lot more to get to features that were either simplier or on the top menu 

Aquilegia

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 01:14 »
I had this problem when I installed my Canon scanner, everything changed.
This worked for me:
Start from the desk top
Go to My Pictures' or wherever you store your pictures on you computer.
Open a folder, then right click on a thumbnail.
Select Properties
Select Opens With, and choose the program you want from the list.You can select to make all photos of this type work in the same way.
I wanted to select Photoshop, but I think it should work with Pixvue.

As for CS2, it can do far more than essentials. Its like getting used to a car with the indicator on the other side. I just changed cars and now my indicator is on the wrong side, anybody got a fix for that!?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 06:55 by Aquilegia »

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 07:39 »
Thanks for the info.  I tried a couple of things and I'm back in operation.  Not sure which one (along with your advice) did the trick.  The problems were connected somehow as they both got fixed at the same time.

So true about the learning (I think they call this negative transfer in Psych terms) and getting use to the instrumentation.  I've decided to use the tutorial that comes with the software so I can get an overview of what I've got.  Having driven in the US then Australia -- that type of switching can be scary.  Several bicyclists don't know how close they came to being road-dirt.  :-[