MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Age and Microstock...  (Read 8079 times)

« on: January 16, 2009, 18:46 »
I have been wanting to try stock photography but I have one question. I am currently 16 years old and I was wondering if there is any way for me to join stock sites while being at this age? What sites allow minors to submit stock underage? Do you think I could have my parents be act as me? Would that work?

vonkara

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 19:08 »
I just read the Dreamstime Terms and conditions and it's saying this...

Children (persons under the age of 18) are not eligible to use this site unsupervised and we ask that children do not register for an account or submit any personal information to us. By using this site unsupervised, and/or registering for an account, you warrant that you are 18 years of age or older.

http://www.dreamstime.com/terms.php

First time someone ask for this so I'm a bit lost... I suggest you maybe to send this question to the agencies to know what they thought of this. In hope you get the good answer. But being supervised seem to be a good deal for them. Just ask your parent to come over your shoulder one time a day and I think it will be OK LOL. They did not ask your ages if I remember. I may be wrong though??
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 19:18 by Vonkara »

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 21:03 »
NOTE: ORIGINALLY POSTED BY packerguy

You can join Istock as a minor.  See this minor consent document..

http://www.istockphoto.com/docs/languages/english/minorconsent.pdf

The only other site I know of that may allow minors is bigstockphoto.  Here is a snip from the terms of service agreement.

1. Consent.
You must be at least 18 years of age to register with BigStockPhoto to provide content. BigStockPhoto may require that you provide sufficient proof that you are at least 18 years of age. Minors can become members only by having their parent or legal guardian register on their behalf. By opening such an account, the parent or legal guardian authorizes the minor to use and agrees to be bound personally by the terms and conditions of this agreement.

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 09:36 »
Ok thanks for the help guys. I least I can submit to Istock and bigstockphoto. ;D

I might try my parents acting in my place. We will see.

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 10:50 »
Ok thanks for the help guys. I least I can submit to Istock and bigstockphoto. ;D

I might try my parents acting in my place. We will see.

Be lucky!

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 14:30 »
NOTE: ORIGINALLY POSTED BY packerguy

You can join Istock as a minor.  See this minor consent document..

http://www.istockphoto.com/docs/languages/english/minorconsent.pdf [nofollow]

The only other site I know of that may allow minors is bigstockphoto.  Here is a snip from the terms of service agreement.

1. Consent.
You must be at least 18 years of age to register with BigStockPhoto to provide content. BigStockPhoto may require that you provide sufficient proof that you are at least 18 years of age. Minors can become members only by having their parent or legal guardian register on their behalf. By opening such an account, the parent or legal guardian authorizes the minor to use and agrees to be bound personally by the terms and conditions of this agreement.

I am just a little curious about the minor consent form. Do I print it out and have my parents fill it out and mail it to then? Or how does it all work?

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 15:14 »
Fotolia:

*  You must be at least 18 years old
    * You must be the author of all the files you upload
    * You must own all the rights or have authorization concerning the elements represented in your files (products, people, places...)

http://www.fotolia.com/Info/Contributors

I am glad that you are too young to join, because you would drag away certain amount of money from me.

;D ;D ;D ;D

(just joking....

.... not  ;D)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 15:28 by Peter »