pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Camera for my kid  (Read 3233 times)

« on: February 03, 2009, 02:28 »
My 4 year-old wants my camera and he sure can't have it.  So I decided to get him his own, kid-friendly camera but so far I haven't seen anything I like.
It should have more than the 2 megapix that seem to be standard for kids.  It also doesn't have to have any Disney characters printed on it and certainly Hannah Montana is not required.  Since he bangs it into everything all the time I would prefer a camera that has a smallish zoom lense, that is one that doesn't extend too far out and it should be light.  Oh, and I don't want to spend a lot of money as he will bang it into everything ...

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tina

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 07:31 »
My 4 year-old wants my camera and he sure can't have it.  So I decided to get him his own, kid-friendly camera but so far I haven't seen anything I like.
It should have more than the 2 megapix that seem to be standard for kids.  It also doesn't have to have any Disney characters printed on it and certainly Hannah Montana is not required.  Since he bangs it into everything all the time I would prefer a camera that has a smallish zoom lense, that is one that doesn't extend too far out and it should be light.  Oh, and I don't want to spend a lot of money as he will bang it into everything ...

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tina

I know I saw some review somewhere about  a small PS camera all rubberized , waterproof, some guys were steeping and jumping on it , and throwing it from 3 floor or something during review and it survived  ;D

Its intended use was to serve the needs of people at construction sites , but maybe you could find it useful for this purpose.

I forgot who makes them , and I think it was ugly as I remember , I dont know how much it cost but , maybe someone around here knows.

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 08:22 »
Here is a link of a 10 MP camera that is rugged and water proof (read the specs).  It does however cost $350 canadian dollars but I have ordered from ncix.com many times and never had a problem with shipping or customer service.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=29386&vpn=Olympus%201030sw%20black&manufacture=OLYMPUS%20IMAGE%20SYSTEMS

Might be a thought.

tan510jomast

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 17:43 »
i was working part-time for a store last christmas and i was quite impressed with the Panasonic FS3 . it's not expensive either, compared to the others. And the kids love it especially for their choice of colour. Pink, Blue and Black. Of course, pink was all sold out way before christmas and we had a pile of rainchecks for pink. to quote most of the customers, "it has to be pink!".

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 18:29 »
There has to be zillions of slightly older PS cameras available for next to nothing. Just buy one of those. If it breaks it's not a big deal. I got my daughter a camera when she was four as well. I didn't want to but my wife said she's be fine and she was. The camera never broke, now she's seven and we bought her a G10. It's a good lesson in responsibility.