MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: initial submission/first uploads  (Read 4002 times)

yecatsdoherty

« on: February 26, 2009, 01:01 »
hello - once your initial 10 are approved, are they automatically available in your SS portfolio for sale? or is SS like iStock, where after your initial appplication is accepted, you must resubmit images to include in your portfolio.

thank you

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 01:39 »
No unlike IS they go straight into your portfolio so don't send any to them until you have got rid of your crown.

yecatsdoherty

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 01:56 »
okay, though if there is any accidental overlap, I believe I can delete images as I please, yes? I just want to make sure I don't mess up accidentally.

besides, I am not optimistic about being accepted on the first try anyways. from everything I have been reading, their initial app is as hard, if not harder than iStock's. will let you know when I submit.

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 02:34 »
You'll get a lot of help if you post in critique forum before uploading your initial 10. There are a lot of helpful experienced people that will be willing to point you in the right direction as to what exactly is needed to get into SS. I don't know if you know but each time they fail you then you have to wait a month before you can try again so it's definitely worth the effort to get it right first time.
The images take a while to get into the search so if you keep an eye on it constantly you should get time to delete the images before they are seen.
Good luck

yecatsdoherty

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 11:33 »
received email this morning, I got accepted on the first try...holy cow. I'm pretty excited. I promptly deleted every image. I cannot have any images for sale anywhere but iStock until end of March. I'll wait to upload until after March 27th.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 11:52 by yecatsdoherty »

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 11:46 »
there was absolutely no chance for you to not get in at first attempt, bet you scored 10/10

yecatsdoherty

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 11:54 »
wow, what a nice thing to say. I really didn't expect to be accepted so quickly after everything I had read about other peoples' experiences. but I'm glad to be all set up to upload as soon as I can.

KB

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 12:39 »
They seemingly like to toy around with most people to make sure they are really serious (or some reason), and reject the first app. But they probably didn't want to risk upsetting (and possibly losing) you!  ;D

lisafx

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 12:43 »
Congrats Stacey!  Not many get in on the first try.  Just confirms my opinion that you are very talented and will have a successful future in stock!

yecatsdoherty

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 12:55 »
thanks Lisa. I was very surprised, it was less than 24 hours.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 23:07 by yecatsdoherty »

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 21:30 »
Stacey, you've got a great portfolio - I would have been seriously shocked if you hadn't got in on your first try  ;D

With a portfolio as large and comprehensive as yours, you should see great sales on Shutterstock, right from the off.

yecatsdoherty

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 23:07 »
hey, thank you very much. actually, I have made the decision to stay exclusive at iStock for now. but I appreciate the kind words. exclusivity is something I have worked really hard for. it was a huge ego boost to be accepted at other sites, and those accounts are still there should anything change in future. but after crunching numbers and talking things over with some very kind, established colleagues...I`m going to stay at IS.

KB

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 00:35 »
hey, thank you very much. actually, I have made the decision to stay exclusive at iStock for now. but I appreciate the kind words. exclusivity is something I have worked really hard for. it was a huge ego boost to be accepted at other sites, and those accounts are still there should anything change in future. but after crunching numbers and talking things over with some very kind, established colleagues...I`m going to stay at IS.

Thank goodness!  ;)

(I don't mean to make light of what I know was a very difficult decision for you. But I suspect there are at least a few people out there who are a bit relieved that your high quality portfolio won't be spread across all the sites. I do hope you do well under BM2 and will be happy with your decision. If not, well, you know you won't have any trouble at all getting on any other site you wish, whenever you wish. Good luck, Stacey.)

yecatsdoherty

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 01:15 »
thank you, I suppose being viewed as a competitor is a compliment;-).....it was a really tough thing to consider, but not a hard decision to stay. as I have mentioned in a few places lately, I went off the rails a bit when my sales nose dived. I think it is probably an iStock rite of passage to get so far, experience a best match shake, freak out and question exclusivity. talking about removing the crown is one thing, but when it came to doing it...well, I felt a lot of regret and that it was the wrong thing.

so, in future when these shifts happen I am going to keep at least one eye on the big picture.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 01:55 by yecatsdoherty »