MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Has anyone on here had any luck with Crestock????  (Read 30742 times)

donding

• Think before you speak
« on: March 05, 2009, 21:45 »
I've been trying to get answers from Crestock in their own forum as to what these new rules are and thought maybe if I post here someone will have an answer. I joined Crestock a couple of days ago...out of 300 that sell on other agencies only 27 sit in their approval bin....I started asking questions on their forum...then some of my approved images were deleted with this as the reason

"Changes in our requirements with regards to technical standards and/or image resolution"

can't find any mention of new requirements in their tech section so I e-mailed and ask on the forum and so far nothing...I'm beginning to think this site is made up of beginner inspector/reveiwers...their reasons for rejection are totally beyond me... ??? ???

Here's one of my rejects.....

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 23:09 »
There not huge sellers so there would be better places to spend your time.

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 23:15 »
I've stopped uploading to Crestock. Very few files get past their inspectors, and the rejections make no sense at all. Their customer service is non-existent if you ask for anything. I have a pile of vector files hanging in limbo on the site, pending an answer to a question I asked weeks ago - or maybe it's been months now... I don't really care anymore. IMO they are a waste of time (sorry Crestock but you brought this on yourselves!). I have only been at it a few months, but see consistent daily sales at istock and shutterstock with files that Crestock rejected. BigStock and Fotolia are slow but growing. Crestock is dead.

Sometimes for entertainment I will go to their forums and read all of the complaints from unhappy contributors. Try it!

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 23:37 »
Thanks for the advice.....I just put this on their forum and so maybe they will actually cancel my account...

"I can't seem to get any answers from anyone at Crestock so hopefully you can tell me how to cancel my account. I don't know how you think you are going to survive this economy with the way you reject photos with nothing wrong with them. I actually resent one of my rejects with a different file name and it got accepted...two other's I fixed the problem then you said they needed better lighting.....well sorry to say people but these shots sell on other stock sights and I want them deleted from here....I'm actually afraid that when and if they do sell here...you won't be able to pay because of you're financial situation.....so I'd rather not line your pockets......SO PLEASE CANCEL MY ACCOUNT!!!"

Think they'll take notice???

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 23:46 »
Let us know when... if... they respond to that!

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 04:36 »
I also experienced only negative thoughts at Crestock. Ridiculous rejections, very slow sales, very slow comissions, not a reason to upload more images to them.
I don't understand their behaviour, they reject pictures as believe they sell 10 times better than Shutterstock...
Crestock = waste of time

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 05:18 »
I had low rejections and reasonable sales but wont upload again until they increase the 25 cents subs commission.  There are lots of sites paying much more than that and I will work with them.

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 05:39 »
Agreed. As most sales seemed to be 25c sub sales and not many at that I stopped uploading after I got less than a 10th of my portfolio up there.

wont upload again until they increase the 25 cents subs commission.  There are lots of sites paying much more than that and I will work with them.

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 06:01 »
I have uploaded  13 images a long time ago and have plenty of downloads with them, but as sharpshot has said, while sales are reasonable, $0.25 are not. I am waiting for a raise which makes it reasonable to upload to them again.

RT

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 06:10 »
I deleted my portfolio a long time ago, I make more in a hour on iStock than I did in a year at Crestock

As the saying goes...they talk the talk but can't walk the walk.

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 08:27 »
Let us know when... if... they respond to that!

Woke up to find an e-mail from them requesting conformation of cancellation of my account....not even a sorry to see you go...or I wish we could have worked this out....nothing,,,which is fine. I e-mailed them back so we'll see how long it actually take to get my portfolio off there. I did notice they have deleted that post on their forum blasting their management.

Any of you out there that use Crestock I would be very wary with the way they do business...I would really be afraid of their financial standing with the rejection rate they have...some of the ones that are on line I really wonder how they got there.

Good luck to the rest of ya...I'm going to keep with the good ol tryed and true....istock, shutterstock, big stock, fotolia and 123RF.

CCK

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 08:36 »
They seem to accept everything I upload, but sales are so low that its just not worth the effort.

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 09:13 »
They seem to accept everything I upload, but sales are so low that its just not worth the effort.

I've heard this from couple other people. That's interesting, really. I have flat 100% rejection rate there. And at least above 70% with all other agencies (including FT, SS, IS). Interestingly, the rejections are also ultra fast. I'm fine with whatever they do. It is their business. I just wonder why they don't make the rules public. It would save their time.

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 09:21 »
I have a few hundred images on Crestock at the mo, and though it's only about 30% of everything I submitted, for the most part the do seem to have selected the best quality 30%.
On the downside, the sales are dismal, I get a subscription sale or two a week (oooh 50c, almost enough for a packet of crisps), it's my last set to get uploaded, and usually only when I have a few hundred to fire and forget.
I've not used their forums though so can't comment.

e-person

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 09:26 »
To reply the OP, I would not know, since I left Crestock few months after joining.
I believe in working with the biggest, better, stronger, agencies. If I could, I would work with Getty, not microstock. I do microstock because I had to start photography as a new career without any customers. I will not stay in this, to get treated like a slave by people half my age, half my culture, half my technical knowledge. Crestock is run by children, therefore it was one of the first to go, for me.

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 11:43 »
The better question is - has anyone been paid on Crestock?  I knew they had Moneybookers problems, but these guys have been trying to get payments since last year.

http://www.microstockgroup.com/crestock-com/i-think-crestock-is-refusing-to-pay-me/msg86998/?topicseen#new

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 11:49 »
Yes, I've been paid.  Twice in fact, via PayPal.  But like many of you, I stopped uploading over an almost perfect record of rejections.  If they don't want my awful pictures, I guess I'll send them somewhere else.  :'(

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 12:01 »
The ONLY reason I continue to upload at Crestock is that uploading is so easy. I have hit a couple payouts, sales actually are getting better.

That site really makes me angry. I stopped looking at my rejections a long time ago because they were so ridicules. I really get the vibe that they think they are something really special when they just dont have the sales to back it up.

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 12:29 »
Got the e-mail saying they deleted my account...I haven't been back on there to see if I can even log on yet, but I am glad it got deleted...

My biggest concern with this company...which I really wish I had researched it first before I went through all the trouble of uploading 300 images that sell at other stock sites....is their financial situation. I could see if they were a big macro site company some of the reason for rejection, but for a 25 cent site they really can't afford ro be that picky or they will go belly up. I'm really beginning to wonder if they aren't just a tax write off for some investor the way they treat their photographers. Has any one ever questioned them about their financial records???

I know I am glad I'm gone even if it was just a three or four day experience...before I join any more new ones I'm gonna do the research.....any newbies that you'd recommend anyone??

I'm already on iStock, Shutterstock, Big Stock, Fotolia, Dreamstime and just joined StockXpert, Canstockphoto, 123RF and also a Fotmind which I haven't fininshed uploading to because I can't figure out how to attach the Model Release...it seems it won't let you untill the photo has been approved..which if you didn't go back and check for approval it would be sitting there approved without a model realease attached.

Anyway I'm open for any advice about good new ones.

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 13:17 »
any newbies that you'd recommend anyone??

The only sites I get regular sales at that you didnt mention you sell at already are Featurepics (http://www.featurepics.com/Login/Registration.aspx?refid=7673) and Panthermedia (http://www.panthermedia.net/?aff=125295).
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 13:20 by travismanley »

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2009, 15:27 »
Got the e-mail saying they deleted my account...I haven't been back on there to see if I can even log on yet, but I am glad it got deleted...

My biggest concern with this company...which I really wish I had researched it first before I went through all the trouble of uploading 300 images that sell at other stock sites....is their financial situation. I could see if they were a big macro site company some of the reason for rejection, but for a 25 cent site they really can't afford ro be that picky or they will go belly up. I'm really beginning to wonder if they aren't just a tax write off for some investor the way they treat their photographers. Has any one ever questioned them about their financial records???

I know I am glad I'm gone even if it was just a three or four day experience...before I join any more new ones I'm gonna do the research.....any newbies that you'd recommend anyone??

I'm already on iStock, Shutterstock, Big Stock, Fotolia, Dreamstime and just joined StockXpert, Canstockphoto, 123RF and also a Fotmind which I haven't fininshed uploading to because I can't figure out how to attach the Model Release...it seems it won't let you untill the photo has been approved..which if you didn't go back and check for approval it would be sitting there approved without a model realease attached.

Anyway I'm open for any advice about good new ones.

There are lots of sites that sell much less than crestock, so I would be more concerned about them.  I haven't uploaded anything to crestock for months but they are still in the top 10 highest earning sites.  The sites that accept almost everything but don't sell anything are more likely to have financial problems.

Milinz

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009, 06:38 »
One more contributor less on Crestock... Well... It is nice to hear that!

Good for you dude!

If you'd just looked forum here and what I said about Crestock, you'd know that only Hasselblad images in resolution of 39mpix are good enough for them to make you 25 cents download...

That means if you are not Logos or Andersr and like them it is waste of time joining there... And surely Logos is ok with them due to they are just one retail store extra for his images with few percent cake slice to add to his total of 600000 downloads in year ;-)

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 12:18 »
I am starting to get sales on Crestock.. I am starting to wonder if it is because so many photographers have canceled their accounts. ???? I am just holding out. LOL

lisafx

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 12:26 »
I get steady, but not spectacular sales on Crestock.  They are not a big seller for me, but manage to get a payout or two a month.  That is enough to keep me uploading there. 

I like that they have high standards.  It keeps the collection tight and may pay off for them in the future. 

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 13:23 »
I get steady, but not spectacular sales on Crestock.  They are not a big seller for me, but manage to get a payout or two a month.  That is enough to keep me uploading there. 

I like that they have high standards.  It keeps the collection tight and may pay off for them in the future. 

I agree totally.   I just dont get it why they dont have a simpler way to delete accounts.  For their own sake.

Half of this forum is about deleting account at Cs...