MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: noticing big change at Stockxpert? no sign of life ???  (Read 34305 times)

tan510jomast

« on: March 21, 2009, 09:53 »
do you find anything different with your StockXpert port?
i never had once a review take more than a couple of days. now it's been sitting there for almost 2 weeks. my sales are still coming in, but far less than before.
but the one big change i see is the reviewing time.
i hope the change in ownership does not mean StockXpert is now dead in the water, as they are most consistent site to get me sales, even if they are mostly subs.
for my small port, a sale is a sale is a sale. only Dreamstime has kept up with StockXpert.
but even that, i have not been able to update my port at Dreamstime these past few days as i don't use FTP.
bad news for me , for sure.   hope others are not getting the same bad news,
or else this might be the nail to the coffin of a very good site.

vonkara

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 10:28 »
Nobody run StockXpert anymore excepting one admin in the forum and maybe 1 or 2 technicians LOL. All newest files didn't get views before they appear in the photos.com and JIU collection (1 or 2 weeks). Unless you make your newer files commented and viewed they are behind in the search by popularity. On 4 similar images, the commented one with 5 views is in first page. The 3 others are on page 7 and up.

I didn't have to add more about their subs program. StockXpert have been sold and since we hear nothing about some future plans. Ask myself why actually. They didn't brought JIU if I remember, then we should see the JUI subs plan being cancelled by them??

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 12:03 »
The site is alive and well.  I still get reviews within 48 hours and sales have never been better.  They have been my 3rd highest earning site for a few months now, well ahead of the others.

vonkara

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 12:11 »
Yea I forgot to say that my files get reviewed in less than 48 hours. You should ask support about this tan510

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 12:55 »
Just got a file reviewed within 5 minutes  :)
But probably that was so fast, because I had one file already sitting there for a long 3 hours  :D

tan510jomast

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 13:15 »
Yea I forgot to say that my files get reviewed in less than 48 hours. You should ask support about this tan510

yes vonkara, i should. heck, only up till a month ago, i was telling everyone that StockXpert was the best and fastest site for me... review within the hour at the fastest, by the end of the day at the slowest.
now i am the one asking why my images are still sitting there in queque.
MAYBE I SHOULD NOT HAVE TOLD EVERYONE HOW MUCH I LIKED StockXpert !  ;D

ok, i take back all the nice things i 've been saying about Stockxpert for the past 8 months.....
 HEY EVERYONE, DON'T GO TO StockXpert, THEY SIT ON YOUR FILES FOR WEEKS, HA!HA!... ;D ;D

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 16:06 »
Reviews were taking about 24h last time I uploaded (2 weeks ago, I think).  Sales are normal for me (and I am opted out).

m@m

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 16:13 »
Last night I had 2 files reviewed and approved in less than an hour...You just never know with them.

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 16:18 »
as i don't use FTP.

Why not? Are you a masochist?  ;)

KB

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 16:21 »
I UL'd 50 yesterday afternoon, and I see all but 2 were reviewed. Hmmm.

Then I realized that those two had missing MRs.

How about that? A site that tells you you forgot to attach MRs without rejecting the images and making you re-upload them!

I hate all the subs, but I sure love everything else about StockXpert!  8)

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 16:32 »
There's something I don't understand. My latest batches were uploaded and approved a few weeks ago and not a single image has a single view, that's impossible. What's happening?
Sales dropped also in the last month..

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 16:34 »
I don't remember having my image rejected there in a while. However, last night I uploaded two and both got rejected with the reason: sorry but we are not interested in this subject matter or situation. I can understand for the second maybe, but the first one is a panorama of Mostar, a famous tourist place in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The image is 9000 pixels wide.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 16:43 by goldenangel »

tan510jomast

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 16:37 »
as i don't use FTP.

lol FD. okkkkk, i will try to download the software and learn to use it  ;D

tan510jomast

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 16:40 »
so it seems that i am the only one not getting my images reviewed.
hmm, so i guess StockXpert don't want my images, huh?
ok, i got the hint !!!

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 16:45 »
as i don't use FTP.

Not if you upload one or two images a week, tops, like me.

Regards,
Adelaide

KB

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 16:46 »
I can understand for the second maybe, but the first one is a panorama of Mostar, a famous tourist place in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The image is 9000 pixels wide.

I can't understand rejecting either one. They'd both sell, IMO. Try again in a few weeks, or you could email support.

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 17:28 »
All of my files uploaded today have been reviewed today. Sales are good; the site is very much alive in my view.

WarrenPrice

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 17:34 »
There's something I don't understand. My latest batches were uploaded and approved a few weeks ago and not a single image has a single view, that's impossible. What's happening?
Sales dropped also in the last month..

I've noticed something similar, ibogdan, and think it might have something to do with whether or not you opt in or out of Subs.  Have you "Opted Out" of subscription sales?

tan510jomast

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 17:34 »
All of my files uploaded today have been reviewed today. Sales are good; the site is very much alive in my view.

hmm, thanks ! i just went in to delete all my pending files. i guess StockXpert is asleep for me.
too bad, i gave them good recommendations here since i started with them.
i guess the love affair is over  ;D

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 17:40 »
Id go for a trial separation rather than a divorce if I were you! I would think its just a misunderstanding  ;D

tan510jomast

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 17:52 »
Id go for a trial separation rather than a divorce if I were you! I would think its just a misunderstanding  ;D

yes, i think so ! a trial separation. i am still getting good sales though. 12 so far this month
and 9 last month. so indeed runamock, as long as the alimony keeps coming in, i will keep the flame alive. i just won't upload any more new images.
 ;)

thanks all. i just needed to know if it was a general problem or that my images stunk with StockXpert   :o
i feel jilted . looks like i will have to go out fishing for a new admirer of my images  ;D  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 17:53 by tan510jomast »

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 19:22 »
I can understand for the second maybe, but the first one is a panorama of Mostar, a famous tourist place in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The image is 9000 pixels wide.

I can't understand rejecting either one. They'd both sell, IMO. Try again in a few weeks, or you could email support.
Thanks KB. I emailed support, so we'll see.

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 19:29 »
I personally think both images of Goldenangel are excellent, and I can't understand the reason for rejection. If StockXpert doesn't need images with photographers shooting, then I don't know what to submit.... or maybe it's because I am on the image ;D
They don't need bald photographers shooting ;D

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 19:41 »
Maybe I should have made the subject more specific: "Bald Photographer Shooting in Snow" :) I think I even missed "bald" as a keyword :D

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 21:24 »
I have almost 100 files sitting there since January, hardly any views and only four sales. The same images selling well on IS and SS. On the SX forum others tell me about the keywording that SX does not create the plurals etc. So that could be part of it - but for all of the sites I upload to SX is the weakest by far (next to Crestock but I don't count them anymore).