pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Anyone using the Wacom Cintiq 12wx?  (Read 4694 times)

« on: March 25, 2009, 16:35 »
I'm talking about the Wacom tablet with the built in screen.

Does anyone use it for photo editing, and is it worth the extra $$ over the intuous3 or 4?

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 02:01 »
I've been looking at this. I wonder if it would work with Illustrator.

bittersweet

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 09:18 »
I've been looking at this. I wonder if it would work with Illustrator.

Is there a reason you think it might not?

From the Wacom site:
http://www.wacom.com/cintiq/current-offers.php
FREE SOFTWARE WITH YOUR CINTIQ PURCHASE
To get you started right out of the box, all products in the Cintiq family come bundled with valuable creative software by several of our software partners:

Adobe Photoshop Elements (6.0 WIN / 4.0 MAC) for editing, retouching, enhancing, organizing, and sharing digital photos
Corel Painter Essentials 4.0 for creating natural media art and turning photos into paintings
Nik Color Efex Pro 3.0 WE6 for selectively applying lighting and photo enhancements with the pen
Wacom Brushes 3.0 for 81 customized brushes for use with Photoshop CS+ and Photoshop Elements 4+
OTHER SOFTWARE
Many other third-party software applications have special features and tools that are designed to be used with a pen. Wacom works closely with a number of popular software manufacturers to ensure that its pens and tablets continue to be at the forefront of technological advancement so that our customers continue to experience performance, comfort, control, and productivity benefits.

For more information on other popular software applications and their features, click here.

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 12:57 »
I've been interested in the Wacom Cintiq tablets for at least a couple of years now. I don't know how I'd fit it into my work area, though. Seems like a fantastic tool and a great way to work. I'd love to hear from anyone who's had experience with it.

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 18:11 »
It's just promoted more with photoshop.

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 18:38 »
For making photoshop Illustrations its OK except of making clipping paths because of lower resolutions of display but for Illustrator maybe only with paintbrush tool but you must define you own variable paintbrush for it if you preferred freehand work and after that you have expanding this brushes to get Filled objects instead of organic ghoustly line which is not readable from other vector programs if they are not defined like Fills. For precise an exact drawings mouse is better.
In both of cases you must very good skills with left hand shortcuts if you are right handed or vice verse.