MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: They laughed at me when I said "One Red Rose"  (Read 3940 times)

RacePhoto

« on: March 28, 2009, 01:28 »
 ;D

Rejected at most sites, but accepted at SS. Uploaded after Valentines day because I bought this fake rose on half price sale at Osco. Paid 50 cents for this prop, which has more than paid for itself in downloads, in March. OK I won't be retiring on that, but I thought it was funny.

Still can't decide if I should have included the leaf and stem or just had a flower head?

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 06:29 »
Defenitly remove the "dead looking" stem and leaf. You could try to photoshop a real one in place, if you can afford ;) Another trick is to spray it with water.

Cheers

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 06:46 »
Your red is blown out. Red very easily gets blown out, saw it on a Santa robe. You can put an undersatured layer under it with the texture still present, then selectively erase the top layer with a 30% soft brush till some texture reappears. Flatten.

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 06:58 »
Flemish@ Youre a walking Ps tutorial.

Quickest way may be to reshoot it. Im pretty sure its not withered...

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 09:59 »
Quickest way may be to reshoot it. Im pretty sure its not withered...
I'm sure it will, at least in my experience with bright red and a vibrant development from raw. I wasn't thinking of reshooting nor tweaking but just develop the raw a second time with vibrancy or saturation slided down. Reshooting may only help when you're far off in exposure. The color of the rose won't change.

RacePhoto

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 06:06 »
Your red is blown out. Red very easily gets blown out, saw it on a Santa robe. You can put an undersatured layer under it with the texture still present, then selectively erase the top layer with a 30% soft brush till some texture reappears. Flatten.

I never said it was a good photo!  :)

Why would I want to ruin a perfectly good, 50 cent, fake cloth rose with a nice green injection molded, vinyl stem by spritzing it with dewdrops? I bet the color would run.

I was more amused by the fact that it's selling at all. One of those shots that I took because I was bored and the flower was sitting on the bookshelf gathering dust. Oh yes, G6  camera, I was too lazy to get out something better. On camera flash!

Of course when I set up with careful lighting and a DSLR and make sure the shot is done right... they don't sell.  ;)

That was the point. However all the advice was spot on.

Here's the partner shot.

And people wonder why I call my Micro "crapstock"  :o
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 06:15 by RacePhoto »

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 22:21 »
they look fake and they are.  :P