MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: I am so sick of Fotolia rejects..  (Read 25157 times)

donding

• Think before you speak
« on: April 04, 2009, 17:33 »
I just posted on the Fotolia forum and hopefully they won't kick me out of there, but I am so totally sick of these rejects. I am beginning to wonder...and so are other members...if there isn't certain photographers that they favor.. depending on their rank on that rediculous rating system. Of course when they reject everything that is being sold on the other big 6 and approving what is sometimes rejected by all of the other ones...of course your rank isn't going to be very high. I use to get almost everything accepted..and I might mention I am much better now than I was two years ago...but now they might accept one or two out of 15. I can't figure out the reason why..."Type of photograph"..any way look at these and tell me what you think.

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 17:33 »
Next question...how do you insert images from your computor on the forum??

m@m

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 17:47 »
donding you sound so upset...does the third question requires a baseball bat?  ;D

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 17:53 »
Im sure loads of people share your frustration including me. All I can think is trying to be positive is that fotolia feel like they have so many online files now that they are getting much stricter as they want more unique images. If thats not then case then I dont no :(

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 17:55 »
Believe whoever is reviewing these images would possibly be harmed very badly...honestly I'd delete my account if I didn't have unpaid cash on there and it's sitting at $47.00. I don't know if you close your account rather they would go ahead and give what they owe you or not...knowing those jerks proubably not..but you know what it is rightfully mine and I don't care what it cost me I'd be taking them to court for it!!!
I'm still trying to figure out how to get the pictures posted on here...any help would be appreciated...  ???

vonkara

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 18:05 »
Believe whoever is reviewing these images would possibly be harmed very badly...honestly I'd delete my account if I didn't have unpaid cash on there and it's sitting at $47.00. I don't know if you close your account rather they would go ahead and give what they owe you or not...
Yes they give you the money. I closed my account once 1 year ago and they gave me the money. They even asked why I wanted to quit. At this time the images wasn't showing under all the keywords. Now I'm back with them with less success than before.

Many people are doing great there, they are all there since a while. You probably can't doing well without having a higher canister. I get 1.32 for a L size and 1.98 for a XXL  ::)... This with 40% of subs

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 18:07 »
Sorry for replying to my own post so much but I think I figured out how to post the images..at least I hope!!

This one sells all the time on the other big stock agencies

ok I'll stop..there is quite a variety of different type of shots so I don't quite understand their rejections.

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 18:09 »
I think you can't post your pics from fotolia here because they don't have normal link. If you want to put here images from some other site, you have to use "reply" button and not "quick reply" form (if you use it anyway).
So, open the site from which you want to put the image, open the page with the image, right click on the image, choose "copy image location" if you use Firefox, or choose "copy shortcut" if you use IE.
Than, when you are in reply form, find "insert image" button, click it, and this way you will add this
Now, paste the link of the image between
It should look like this:  

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 18:11 »
Oh, you can post small thumbs, but you can't post big ones

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 18:16 »
Fotolia rejects many of my images as well. By now I am used to it and it doesn't bother me much. I sort of expect it. On the other hand they are a top earner for me. You get fewer images past the reviewers, but each one is worth it. I think I prefer that to the many sites that takes anything and sell nothing.

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 18:26 »
Its frustrating, but understandable.    Can you belive the enormous amount of images they get every day-every second.  Id puke my guts out for other than totally eyecatching images If I were a reviewer.

I actually would like more agancies to do the same.

Cheers

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 18:54 »
Being only a few months into this, I've had to learn how to manage the aggravation of rejections that I don't agree with.  I think you simply have to submit to several sites, which you want to do anyway if you hope to make more than bus fare. 

I remember a couple of weeks ago I submitted 3 photos (let's call them A, B, and C) to SS,DT and StockXpert at the same time.   SS accepted A and B,  rejected  C.   DT accepted C, rejected A and B.   StockXpert acccepted A and C but said B needed a property release.  I am not making this up. 

Once you realize it's all a bit crazy, it won't bother you as much.   If this were real life,  we'd be talking to actual people who would explain to us why they don't think they can sell a particular product we've made.  But in this Bizzarro-world of dot-com insanity we have disinterested reviewers, somewhere, with eyes glazing over as they click accept or reject on thousands upon thousands of photos submitted by unknown photographers who are never allowed to meet actual customers, but are supposed to keep guessing what the market actually wants.

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 19:03 »
Don't get upset it's not worth the stress levels and harm it does to you, spread your work around! I get joy seeing somebody like FT reject an image and that day it sells at SS  8)

Sure I missed out on 0.30c but they missed out on much more  ;D

David

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 19:33 »
I'm not new to the stock agencies...I've been doing this since 2007..I'm currently on 11 microstock sites including fotolia and two macro stock sites so this isn't new to me...They are the only stock agency that I constantly get rejections from...always 1 or 2 make it through but not the best ones. I've just about decided I'm going to remove myself from their site..they aren't worth the effort of uploading. I think I have to wait 90 days since the last upload. Out of the 15 two were accepted. I'm still waiting on a review of my images and some real reason's from Fotolia forum...so far no response by any one, not even other photographers.

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 20:12 »
Maybe, you should start submitting to Crestock ...
 :)

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 20:20 »
That one made me smile...lol....I withdrew my photos from Crestock within the first month I joined...Fotolia is getting as bad or worse than Crestock and is ending up with the same bad reputation. Fotolia is going to ring it's own neck just like Crestock.  You know what's kinda funny about it all...with the economy the way it is you'd thik they would want to increase their data base.

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 20:21 »
Can any one see the photos I posted and give me their opinion or did they not show up...I'll post from one of the other sites if I need to...let me know.

tan510jomast

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009, 12:08 »
If you don't like FT don't submit your work there. Each of us have our "horror site".
Why aggravate yourself to get FT to "want" your photos? Go where your images are getting approved. Either that, or shoot something else. Most times, if your images are well exposed, well composed, but rejected continually. It's more than you're giving them images they don't need.

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009, 12:34 »
I've decided that I don't need the frustration.....I think I have to wait 90 days to delete the photos that were recently accepted..so in 90 days I'm gonna ask for what they owe me and close the account...Maybe I'll get lucky and I'll sell ONE or TWO more pictures in the mean time.......lol....I really doubt it.

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 03:03 »
I've decided that I don't need the frustration.....I think I have to wait 90 days to delete the photos that were recently accepted..so in 90 days I'm gonna ask for what they owe me and close the account...Maybe I'll get lucky and I'll sell ONE or TWO more pictures in the mean time.......lol....I really doubt it.

So what was the outcome?

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 07:26 »

Just had this one rejected because they didn't like the quality.  I wouldn't bother with that site if I didn't get sales there!  I just wish their reviews where consistent!  I've had much less stock worthy files approved by them.

Noticed that their forum isn't active today.

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 09:20 »
Those silly rejections. I have also cancelled my account and I am happy ;)

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 10:21 »
Fotolia is the only agency that constantly makes me angry with their rejections. It just p*sses me off when my images rejected with some irrational reason. Needless to say, many of these rejected images sells well on other sites.

I have not stopped uploading there, they still make me good money. But they would make much more if their reviewers had some real world experience what sells and what not.

KB

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 17:18 »
But they would make much more if their reviewers had some real world experience what sells and what not.
Or at least a consistent and meaningful application of what is technically and "aesthetically" acceptable.

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2009, 17:27 »
Rejections................. I can't even get on the flippin site!!!   My password wont work.... it hasn't worked in well over a month... I have literally lost count of the number of times I have mailed support to fix my problem.... and all the keep sending me is that stupid  "here's how to change your password" link...

which doesnt flippin work for me... I have mailed them at least a half dozen times n the last week....  explaining it all... one email they wanted my "life story".... I went to mail it back and got  "undeliverable"  to the reply address  [email protected]
that happened 3 times....   I mailed them last on saturday and have yet to get a reply.....

I am so tired of Fotolia...   All I want to do now is have a legal gaurantee that my pix will be deleted from all the 'partners'  and from fotolia ..... and I want to close my account...

Dealing with them has been nothing but a royal pain in the hine=end since day one almost 3 years ago....whatever.......     

I can honestly say in my case.....  They are the WORST I have ever experienced in all my dealings with the dozen and a half or more sites I have been associated with since I got into this biz.  More... their customer service may very well be the WORST I have ever dealt with in life!!!

Tomorrow..... I start heating up phone lines.... enough is enough...  doing it the 'proper' way just doesnt seem to work........for me. My patience with them is at its end.
    I Have no doubt that there are many of you that have no problems with them and may feel the sun rises and sets on Fotolia.                    ...Not Me.    8)=tom

I'm sooooooooooooo happy I deleted all but 2 of my pix a couple years ago... I stand to lose relative peanuts in $$$  ..... they can keep the flippin money and maybe spend it on .......CUSTOMER SERVICE.