MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: New rejection reasons  (Read 23989 times)

« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2007, 13:56 »
Very quick review and acceptance process.  I am impressed.

But can they make the sales......?

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2007, 08:48 »
I don't know...I don't think that stockXpert is compatible with my photos :-). Any photo which I upload there gets rejected with the "please submit higher quality pictures" reason. First I was a bit angry about this. However, every other agency which I work with (shutterstock, fotolia, dreamstime, ...) mostly accepts these photos and they are selling fine there. Most ironically stockXpert recently rejected photos for the "please submit higher quality pictures" which I (succesfully) used to apply at iStockPhoto ...

I'm not talking about 10 or 20 photos here. They rejected about 300-400 when I initially uploaded my portfolio to them, mostly for the "please submit higher quality pictures" reason.

These are some of the shots which they recently rejected for the "please submit higher quality" reason:

I still upload to them, because it is a very quick and easy process (FTP the files in, and usually they get rejected within 1 hour), but it's more for amusement than for doing business ;-)

All the best,
Michael

« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 08:53 by Daneel »

« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2007, 08:55 »
wow, looks like they are getting piiiii-cky.

Perhaps they have areas that they are not accepting images for any longer... but then i guess they should be giving a different response.

what camera were they taken with?  Could it have something to do with the image size?

« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2007, 09:24 »
They have not been too picky on what I submit. Not as picky as Dreamstime thats for sure. Occasionally I will resubmit a photo/illustration they decline because I thought it was good enough and the 2nd time some are accepted.
Most of my submissions are illustrations so noise is never an issue.
I wish StockXpert had more of a customer base because they are my favorite site to upload to. (Mainly because review times are normally like 1-3 hours!)

« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2007, 09:52 »
Hi Tyler,

wow, looks like they are getting piiiii-cky.
what camera were they taken with?  Could it have something to do with the image size?

I'm using a Canon Powershot S3 for these photos and the photo size is 6 MP. I'm not going DSLR yet, because I like the compactness, as I travel a lot.

With a DSLR I'd get better glass, but as I said...these photos are doing fine on dreamstime, shutterstock and were even (succesfully) used for applying at iStockPhoto. So I think the glass of the Canon is ok...

All the best,
Michael

« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2007, 09:55 »
They have not been too picky on what I submit. Not as picky as Dreamstime thats for sure. Occasionally I will resubmit a photo/illustration they decline because I thought it was good enough and the 2nd time some are accepted.
Most of my submissions are illustrations so noise is never an issue.

I agree, they are accepting 80-90% of my illustrations / computer renderings. It's just my photos with which I have no success at all exclusively with them.

All the best,
Michael

« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2007, 10:00 »
They are not rejecting any of my photos at the moment but my downloads have slowed down, perhaps because of this

http://www.stockxpert.com/forum.phtml?f=showtopic&n=2005

« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2007, 21:17 »
There must be something more to it. 6 months ago, my sales at DT and StockXpert were similar. Now, DT sales are 15 times as high. For me, StockXpert has come to a more or less complete stop.

« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2007, 21:42 »
StockXpert... which ways the wind blowing.  Just earlier this week I was complaining how they rejected 60% of my last  batch the week before..  I did another batch  this week and they only rejected 20%... "not looking for....yada yada yada".   ???  I've yet to see any pattern in the why of it on StockXpert.  If you try to figure it out, you'll only give yourself a headache.   8)  -tom
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 18:07 by tgt »

« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2007, 20:02 »
My rejection rates there goes up and down all the time as well, and it doesn't follow any particular pattern. Since it's so totally unpredictable, I can as well submit the same as I do to most other agencies, and let them do the picking. The sales I have there are spread on all kinds of themes anyway.

« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2007, 19:18 »
I had a few sales on stockxpert in January.  But in Feb, and, so far, March it's been almost nothing.  For me, I will still upload hoping that it will pick up one day, but so far I see very little result.