MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: TAX in the UK??  (Read 3416 times)

« on: April 11, 2009, 18:51 »
Can anyone please tell  me what is the tax process is like for (micro) stock photography earnings.I am about to set up a business in the UK as self-employed  and I would like to know how I could prove my microstock  earnings. I use paypal as payment  method and the money will be transferred to a UK bank. Would  it be enough to send the  print outs of my pay-out reports  and paypal transaction print outs to tax people?? ?

I have checked an older thread here but I am not sure if got the answer there.
http://www.microstockgroup.com/istockphoto-com/british-student-loans-nightmare-istock-and-maybe-even-tax!-(/

thank you  very much for your help in advance

RT

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 04:05 »
Can anyone please tell  me what is the tax process is like for (micro) stock photography earnings.I am about to set up a business in the UK as self-employed  and I would like to know how I could prove my microstock  earnings. I use paypal as payment  method and the money will be transferred to a UK bank. Would  it be enough to send the  print outs of my pay-out reports  and paypal transaction print outs to tax people?? ?

I have checked an older thread here but I am not sure if got the answer there.
http://www.microstockgroup.com/istockphoto-com/british-student-loans-nightmare-istock-and-maybe-even-tax!-(/

thank you  very much for your help in advance

You can download your paypal stats onto an excel document which is good enough for your records. By the way you don't have to send any supporting documents in with your tax return, but you do need to keep them for six years in case you get inspected.

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 04:27 »
Thank you so much Richard!
 I appreciate your help.