MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: If you use Firefox Browser... try PicNiche  (Read 30471 times)

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 12:18 »

karensuki

• Dreaming
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 13:39 »
I'm using PicNiche too... Every time the numbers go up I'm doing a little "Happy happy joy joy" dance...

The only thing that I would like is to be able to program the stock sites that aren't the Big 6...

you know, featurepic, yaymicro... etc. :o

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2009, 13:43 »
I'm using PicNiche too... Every time the numbers go up I'm doing a little "Happy happy joy joy" dance...

The only thing that I would like is to be able to program the stock sites that aren't the Big 6...

you know, featurepic, yaymicro... etc. :o

Hey Karen

Will be adding more sites in future, though only when I can figure out a way to add them all so everyone can choose :)

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 05:27 »
hello bobbigmac, hope you are out there.
Today i automatically updated to firefox 3.5 only to find out that the picniche toolbar wasnt compatible, if i had known earlier i wouldnt updete.
I hope you are able to develop a compatible toolbar soon enough, because i was so happy with it.

Cheers

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 09:35 »
nevermind, i just went to the download page, redownloaded and installed it agin and everything was fine, working again.
cheers

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2009, 03:39 »
Guys, can you please add some threshold option for sound notifications in Picniche?
I mean, I don't want to hear "ping-ping" every time I earn $0,03. It's OK to see green numbers above, but for example, I don't want to hear the sound for referral earnings less than 15 cents.

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2009, 11:21 »
Heya WC.

I added the ability to filter notifications by amount a few months ago, if you upgrade from:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11474
You'll find an option in the picNiche preferences to set a minimum amount for notification :) There's also a bunch of other bugfixes and smaller features added over the last few versions.

The toolbar is in the public nomination queue again (sadly it's a big addon and it's a massive queue) awaiting approval for automatic updates (it might get approved a little faster if everyone adds a review to that mozilla page), though in the meantime you should update your version manually from time to time :)

Cheers, I hope that helps :)
Bob

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2009, 11:31 »
Great! Thank you! ...btw... WC is not a very nice nick :D

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2009, 11:37 »
lol, didn't think of that Whitechild :) Sorry :)

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2009, 11:51 »
lol, didn't think of that Whitechild :) Sorry :)

No problem :D I know I'm sometimes full of sh*t :D

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2009, 15:09 »
The toolbar is in the public nomination queue again (sadly it's a big addon and it's a massive queue) awaiting approval for automatic updates (it might get approved a little faster if everyone adds a review to that mozilla page), though in the meantime you should update your version manually from time to time :)

Thanks for the update. Until your add-on gets approved, it might be a good idea to let us know of any updates or improvements in this forum. Thank you for all the hard work!

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2009, 15:32 »
Heya GA

I currently announce updates through twitter: @bobbigmac
and picNiche phrases found rating over 400 are auto-tweeted by @picNiche

Any critical version updates I'll post on here too :)

Cheers :)

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2009, 16:14 »
Thanks. I know I should be better at following all the updates at Twitter. I think i easily get overwhelmed with posts there. :)

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2009, 04:42 »
Try it yesterday and it does'nt work at any site, passwords are well saved in firefox, picniche show the username for each site, but when I launch firefox, try to refresh I have the message "No username match found for **name of the site** configure a valid username". After 2 hours, erased firefox password then entering and saving for each sites etc..  I give up.

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2009, 07:30 »
Hey Smith, sorry to hear that, I'll drop you a PM with a couple of questions see if I can find a cause :) Cheers

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2009, 11:50 »
Found the problem and fixed it (was an issue with how firefox handles drop-down preferences).
Thanks for the info Smith :)

Updated to 1.0.26 now available on AMO.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11474

iStock polling 'might' still be problematic if you've never polled it before since they've added an ajax-based login script to their page, it should work, but i'm not 100% certain.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 11:55 by bobbigmac »

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2009, 13:11 »
cool! It's working now with every sites!
Thanks very much Bob!

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2009, 09:54 »
Awesome :) Cheers :)

I'm just wondering if anyone here is having problems uploading to shutterstock through the toolbar ftp stuff?

I've seen mention on the russian boards that they are having trouble (but I don't speak russian so can't sign up there to find out more)

I can't replicate any bugs here, and can't find anyone else who's having trouble with picNiche SS uploads, can anyone report if this is working or not for them please?

Bob

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2009, 00:13 »
thanks

lucato

• [<o>] Brasil

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2013, 04:17 »
Hi folks,

I'm just trying PicNiche on FireFox, but it doesn't work when I type the keyword and click on Refine/Keyword.

I'm using FireForx 20.0.1 - Any idea if it still works for this version or it is just an issue here?

Thanks.

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2013, 06:30 »
Unfortunately I had to port the server from asp.net to php, and wasn't able to carry over the functionality for the keywording panel. Very few people ever used that keywording tool so I'll remove it from the toolbar at some point in the future.

If you need an easy to use keywording tool, I highly recommend Microstockgroup's own tool: http://microstockgroup.com/tools/keyword.php
or of course: http://picWorkflow.com :)

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2013, 07:28 »
Not working for 123rf says earnings are much higher than they are and nothing happens when you click the icon - was a bit disappointed when I went to check  :'(

lucato

• [<o>] Brasil

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2013, 07:40 »
Unfortunately I had to port the server from asp.net to php, and wasn't able to carry over the functionality for the keywording panel. Very few people ever used that keywording tool so I'll remove it from the toolbar at some point in the future.

If you need an easy to use keywording tool, I highly recommend Microstockgroup's own tool: http://microstockgroup.com/tools/keyword.php
or of course: http://picWorkflow.com :)

Thanks for your attention and reply. I'll check this out.

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2013, 07:52 »
Not working for 123rf says earnings are much higher than they are and nothing happens when you click the icon - was a bit disappointed when I went to check  :'(

Exactly.  I have brought this up before.  My earnings on PN show incrementally higher each month than what I really have.  It was $25 more on PN 6 months ago, today it shows $50 more.  And because of the captcha now required on 123, PN will only pull up your earnings if you are logged in. 

The keywording tool is also broken and I do use it (or I used to, anyway).  I've tried to use the email to contact the head honcho but he/she never responds so screw it.  It's not that big a deal.

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2013, 08:01 »
Many other pollers don't work as well.
Alamy, Stockfresh, Canstock and more.