pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: New Submission Limits  (Read 3577 times)

« on: May 07, 2009, 14:18 »
All of a sudden I am only allowed 25 uploads a day as opposed to 50 just a few weeks ago. I don't have a bad acceptance ratio and in fact I haven't even submitted anything to them in a couple, few weeks. Has something changed or am I missing something?

Cheers...

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 14:24 »
Same thing  :-\ And I've a pretty good acceptance ratio.

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 14:36 »
yep, new rule.  assuming because they're owned by Getty, who has had limits on IS since IS was still IS?

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 23:54 »
That is what I was thinking, a new Getty rule. But for a site that is losing market position you would think they would want to continue to build a bigger archive at a faster pace.

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 01:48 »
Especially since they rely mostly on sub sales.

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 02:56 »
They have been making more money each month for me, so I don't see them losing market position.  There are more subs but PPD is still going strong.  25 a day is OK, perhaps this will ease the strain on the reviewers.  I wonder how shutterstock manage to review so many every week?  They must spend much more on reviewers but it doesn't encourage people to be selective with their uploads.

Milinz

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 06:04 »
Yup they are fine - my second earning agency.
And they proved they are one of most fair agencies I know. They just want quality and are not too picky.

Limits daily? Yes... Why not... Why would they allow one author to upload 100 or more images and to be best visible in newest images preview?

On the other side of medal I see quite unfair growth momentum for StockXpert because other Getty owned agencies have more images in their stock.

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 13:22 »
From their policy forum, Seb_p writes:

Hi everyone,

Some of you might have noticed that the upload daily limit has changed from 50 to 25 recently.

We believe that this change will greatly improve our ability to review your images quicker, help manage fraudsters accounts better and to communicate in a clearer fashion.

We appreciate your time and dedication to StockXpert, and hopefully you will feel that this and future changes to the site will benefit to your experience with us.

Seb_p

tan510jomast

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 13:52 »
Yup they are fine - my second earning agency.
And they proved they are one of most fair agencies I know. They just want quality and are not too picky.

Limits daily? Yes... Why not... Why would they allow one author to upload 100 or more images and to be best visible in newest images preview?

On the other side of medal I see quite unfair growth momentum for StockXpert because other Getty owned agencies have more images in their stock.

stockxpert is no longer  on my priority list anymore .

on this forum for a whole year i made no secret how much i supported StockXpert,
but after all the strange things that have been happening there these past months, it's scary to say the least. i've taken my best images and moved them elsewhere. 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 14:45 by tan510jomast »