MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Reputation Power  (Read 22742 times)

« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2009, 04:40 »
you mean those little green beans along with hearts?
is that what they are? lol, I thought that was geiger counter or something, it kept adding to my name, and I was freaking out thinking I was radioactive or being QA'ed by leaf ! rofl
Phew , thank goodness for letting me know !

LOL

tan510jomast

« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2009, 06:33 »
It seems I haven't yet made any useful comment in the forum!  ;D

I just gave you one, for Easter, Christmas, etc... Call it good karma  ;)

RacePhoto

« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2009, 11:47 »
It seems I haven't yet made any useful comment in the forum!  ;D

I just gave you one, for Easter, Christmas, etc... Call it good karma  ;)

Is this tan510jomast or tan510jomast (last week) with another new account? Or someone else? ??? What happened to the full name?

Did someone steal your name or something? And what's with all the posts that read "." or ".." and nothing else?

Something strange is going on here.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 12:09 by RacePhoto »

« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2009, 11:53 »
Is it useful to point out that "useful" has just one L?
Our profiles still show "Usefull Posts".

« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2009, 16:55 »

thanks that was very usefulll  ;)

« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2009, 17:07 »

thanks that was very usefulll  ;)
I'm glad to be of such important help! :D

« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2009, 07:10 »
Any way to opt out of this?  I still have memories of the istock forumeter - that was a spectacular failure.

I am here to get useful information and hopefully share some when I have it.  I have absolutely no interest in participating in a popularity contest. 

I agree with Lisa 100% ... I' am not interested in a popularity contest and so far I have made no useful post so perhaps I will not make anymore at all.

>:(

-Larry

« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2009, 07:22 »
Any way to opt out of this?  I still have memories of the istock forumeter - that was a spectacular failure.

I am here to get useful information and hopefully share some when I have it.  I have absolutely no interest in participating in a popularity contest. 

I agree with Lisa 100% ... I' am not interested in a popularity contest and so far I have made no useful post so perhaps I will not make anymore at all.

-Larry

Larry, looks like you already made one useful post...  ;D At least that green dot below your picture say so.

« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2009, 07:28 »
"Larry, looks like you already made one useful post...   At least that green dot below your picture say so."

And .... Whitechild, I bet you did it!  ;D

Thanks!
-Larry

« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2009, 08:02 »
Larry, looks like you already made one useful post...  ;D At least that green dot below your picture say so.

I just hope that Leaf will make my left column much wider to cope with my usefulllnessness;D

bittersweet

« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2009, 08:36 »

-Larry

Since at the time you wrote this, you had only made one post since the implementation of this, and that one post was in the Cutcaster forum, I'm not sure how much feedback you'd expected to receive on that one post. :) I don't think people are going back to previous threads and reading them again just so they can vote for people.

Are they??

« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2009, 08:43 »
Could this develop into a MostPhotos voting merry-go-round?

« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2009, 08:51 »

-Larry

Since at the time you wrote this, you had only made one post since the implementation of this, and that one post was in the Cutcaster forum, I'm not sure how much feedback you'd expected to receive on that one post. :) I don't think people are going back to previous threads and reading them again just so they can vote for people.

Are they??

I could care less if I had a hundred or zero. The point is that it is a matter of numbers and some members will post on everything all day log to get big numbers and join with agroup of friends to vote on each other. = Popularity contest and i am not interested in this feature at all.

My 2 cents.
-Larry

m@m

« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2009, 09:21 »
Could this develop into a MostPhotos voting merry-go-round?

Please Nooooooooooo! don't say that runamock, bite your tongue ;D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 09:24 by m@m »

« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2009, 10:20 »

I just hope that Leaf will make my left column much wider to cope with my usefulllnessness;D

I am sorry to bring you back to reality and tell you that you are as useful as I am.    ;)

I'm glad the score is not of (useful posts)/(total posts), or I would be lagging too much....   ;D

« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2009, 10:27 »
Well, Leaf has avoided some of the really lousy parts that were present in the Forometer. The green squares are showing up on account of something measurable, and not a secret algorithm. (The Forometer developer explained the algorithm that ran it to me once and I had a mild stroke.) And you aren't going to see people running into 'reputation deficits' and getting yellow and red squares (at least it looks that way). That was the thing about the Forometer that alienated people the most. Man, I get the cold shakes just thinking back to it...

« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2009, 10:57 »
I not sure about this, I like this site becuase it is about the free exchange of ideas as well a great place to get information and help. When you start ranking people it may diminish the value of that exchange.

« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2009, 11:05 »
why is there a 13 minute timer between when you can click the heart? I got to this topic late and read several good post and tried to test out the system.

bittersweet

« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2009, 11:42 »
why is there a 13 minute timer between when you can click the heart? I got to this topic late and read several good post and tried to test out the system.

I think he said in an earlier post that he implemented a 4 votes per hour limit, and that you can't use all those votes on the same person. (I'm sure you can look back and find it.)