MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Reputation Power  (Read 22740 times)

bittersweet

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2009, 11:17 »
So what browser do we need to have in order to leave feedback?

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2009, 11:41 »
Im using the same as you, the heart has moved, its by the quote button.

This started out with both a Helpful and Unhelpful button and the heart was by the avatar . Leaf is still fiddling with it. You know what those Scandinavians are like  :)

bittersweet

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2009, 11:49 »
Im using the same as you, the heart has moved, its by the quote button.

This started out with both a Helpful and Unhelpful button and the heart was by the avatar . Leaf is still fiddling with it. You know what those Scandinavians are like  :)

I haven't yet seen any heart anywhere. Hmm...

No biggie, I guess.  :)

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2009, 11:52 »
I gave my vote to one user and his post, I clicked I agree, and I wrote a comment. But that user still has 0 reputation. So, I tried to do it again for the same post, and I got this message:

An Error Has Occurred!
Please spread the love before giving it to this user again.

KB

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2009, 12:07 »
So you can agree or disagree with a post.

But if you disagree, does that necessarily mean it isn't a helpful post? I think it would make more sense to have a single "Recommended" option, if this is meant to be a rating on helpfulness only. Otherwise, "helpful" or "not helpful" seems preferable to "agree" or "disagree".

And what is the purpose of the comment? Does the poster get to see those?

It seems these are meant to be used rarely. I tried to leave another vote, and got an error message stating "You must wait 0 hours between reputation actions. You have approximately 11 minutes left to wait."

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2009, 12:12 »
I only see a green bar under the avatars.  Where do I vote? 

I hope this doesn't start a war!   ;D

bittersweet

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2009, 12:13 »
I'm pretty sure Leaf's post said that this is only for positive feedback. If you don't have something nice to say, you can't say anything at all.  ;)

KB

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2009, 12:15 »
Look to the left of the "Quote" icon, you should see a bluish heart. If you mouse over it, a popup reads "Mark this post as useful". Click the heart, and go from there.

bittersweet

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2009, 12:17 »
Look to the left of the "Quote" icon, you should see a bluish heart. If you mouse over it, a popup reads "Mark this post as useful". Click the heart, and go from there.

I've tried in Safari, and now in Firefox, and do not see anything except the green bar. I'm on Mac OSX 10.4.11, Safari 3.2.1, and Firefox 3.0.8.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 12:20 by whatalife »

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2009, 12:19 »
So you can agree or disagree with a post.

But if you disagree, does that necessarily mean it isn't a helpful post? I think it would make more sense to have a single "Recommended" option, if this is meant to be a rating on helpfulness only. Otherwise, "helpful" or "not helpful" seems preferable to "agree" or "disagree".

And what is the purpose of the comment? Does the poster get to see those?

It seems these are meant to be used rarely. I tried to leave another vote, and got an error message stating "You must wait 0 hours between reputation actions. You have approximately 11 minutes left to wait."

No, you can't disagree with a post. There used to be a 'disagree' option but that was taken away a couple hours ago.
Currently it is set to be able to leave feedback 4x each hour
Yes, you can see your comments in Profile > View Reputation

bittersweet

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2009, 12:21 »

Hmmm.. I just noticed a commonality among those of us who report not seeing the heart. We are all premium members. Maybe there is a permission that needs to be updated?

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2009, 12:23 »

Hmmm.. I just noticed a commonality among those of us who report not seeing the heart. We are all premium members. Maybe there is a permission that needs to be updated?

Ahh ha.. I think you have it there Sherlock  :)  Thanks.

bittersweet

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2009, 12:25 »
Yay! I posted a helpfuluseful post!  ;D LOL

Thanks, Leaf! It is working now.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 12:28 by whatalife »

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2009, 12:25 »
I gave my vote to one user and his post, I clicked I agree, and I wrote a comment. But that user still has 0 reputation. So, I tried to do it again for the same post, and I got this message:

An Error Has Occurred!
Please spread the love before giving it to this user again.

The counting wasn't working earlier,but should be working now.

You have to give 'useful post' feedback to 2 other people before you can give feedback to the same person again... in an effort to try and reduce biased positive voting.

KB

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2009, 12:30 »
No, you can't disagree with a post. There used to be a 'disagree' option but that was taken away a couple hours ago.
It's still shows up for me as an option when I click on the heart.

Aha!

Ok, it is there, but if you try to use it, you get an error:
You are not allowed to give negative reputation to this user!

OTOH, I tried this on you -- maybe there's special code that doesn't allow giving negative reputation to Leaf only.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Milinz

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2009, 12:32 »
;D

Now all those who hate my statements may vote against me... What a relief for some people ;-)

:o

We can vote only if we like it - Not if we hate it.  Good for you ;)

Lol!
I was hoped to be one of most hated here  ;D

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2009, 12:33 »

Aha!

OTOH, I tried this on you -- maybe there's special code that doesn't allow giving negative reputation to Leaf only.  ;D  ;D  ;D

What really?  that is strange. Maybe it is a cached browser thing.. hmm.. Anyone else seeing two options?

Xalanx

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2009, 12:34 »
It works fine now with Opera. Clicking again the heart has the effect of a Cancel button. It's cool, well done.  ;)

LE: still, work on the messages. I tried to give another vote and it said: "You must wait 0 hours between reputation actions. You have approximately 13 minutes left to wait."

Replace it with something like "You must not wait between reputation actions. Just kidding - you still have to wait 13 minutes".
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 12:37 by Xalanx »

bittersweet

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2009, 12:36 »

Aha!

What really?  that is strange. Maybe it is a cached browser thing.. hmm.. Anyone else seeing two options?

Nope, just one, plus an optional comment field.

lisafx

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2009, 12:39 »
Any way to opt out of this?  I still have memories of the istock forumeter - that was a spectacular failure.

I am here to get useful information and hopefully share some when I have it.  I have absolutely no interest in participating in a popularity contest. 

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2009, 12:45 »
Any way to opt out of this?  I still have memories of the istock forumeter - that was a spectacular failure.

I am here to get useful information and hopefully share some when I have it.  I have absolutely no interest in participating in a popularity contest. 

You already have 4 helpful posts. hehe..

Yeah, the words of Kelly and Bruce (from UGCX) keep ringing through my head  - saying how the forumeter was one of the worst ideas that was implemented on iStock.  I never participated much in the forums there so I don't really know how it worked - but wasn't there a negative aspect to it, where you could eventually vote someone into being a troll?  I figured if it was only helpful posts that were credited it would only be a positive experience :) and perhaps encourage people to be helpful.

RT

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2009, 12:46 »

I agree and as much as I appreciate Tyler spending his time trying to make this already informative forum more user friendly I don't really think this particular meter will have any worth. I know of someone on a microstock site forum who is very popular, but he talks the biggest load of cr*p I've ever seen.

KB

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2009, 12:48 »
I just cleared my cache and I tried it again. I still have two options.  :-[

OTOH, I just tried it on IE, and not only do I see only the one option, the i/f is entirely different (and much better) -- it's a popup window rather than a separate page.

Obviously I am seeing an older version, but I don't know how to get rid of it beyond clearing the cache! Oh, well, maybe it'll eventually fix itself.  :) I'm using FF 3.0.10, in case that helps anyone.

bittersweet

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2009, 12:51 »
Did you try logging out and back in again?

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2009, 12:54 »

Lisa I just gave you one vote for one of your useful posts, and you want to opt out!? No way! :)