pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: I think Crestock is refusing to pay me  (Read 24131 times)

Milinz

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2009, 09:47 »
Milinz, they just have a higher rejection rate there.  It is the same for everyone, I have seen lots of different people complain about excessive rejections there.  I was one of the lucky ones that didn't get many but I am not continuing to upload to a site that pays 20% to 40% lower subs commissions than the other sites I am with.

I don't know why anyone is uploading there when they are undercutting the other sites and giving them a good reason to keep subs commissions low.  The difference might look like a few cents but I am sure this site is going to cost us all a lot of money, if others see we will tolerate such small commissions.

Not only that... And Crestock recipe is used by some others too - what comes to lower sales on big 6 and higher traffic on that ones... Seems for buyers that cheap images are priority... It is free market phyllosophy but in keynessian way of thinking... Mass producing will lover average prices because buyers usually tend to buy the cheapest they can!

Only who is responsible for this happening are contributors to such agencies with 'just a buck or two more' thinking on short term... But boomerang will come back and then all prices will be down as well as commissions to authors.

Instead that authors to think about how to optimize their sales on different agencies they in fact over-upload too wide on all agencies they can find and in that way they cut their earnings from agencies which could bring them decent money. BTW, by giving your images to cheap agencies or low commission agencies you are just boosting their chances to success through variety of images they offer to buyers.

This is already current happening... I can feel that some images I have are lost their potential on higher paying agencies due to similars showing up on lower paying agencies... Nevertheless, many pro authors are joining to such agencies by principle 'where all - there me too' which is wrong to do and very bad for future earnings to all of us... Only who will earn in future will be the cheapest and most visited agencies if this continue and authors don't understand what is really happening.

FOR ME it is quite STUPID to have some image listed for $10 on agencies where buyer can buy it by pressing BUY NOW button and listed for $1 on other agency where buyer can buy that image the same way - by clicking on BUY NOW button... THINK!
What is even more STUPID is to give away your earnigs percentage by accepting low commissions when joining to low commission and low traffic agencies!
Third thing which comes more and more to focus will be copyright infringements because any pirate will have opportunity to copy your cheap images and to earn on your work.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 10:40 by Milinz »

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2009, 12:31 »
I don't have any images on Crestock so the late payment issue doesn't apply to me, but I did want to put my two cents in...

Right now I upload to 5 different sites and at some point or another, ALL of them have had one problem or another. The key to building good relationships with contributors is communication.

If Crestock has problems with Moneybookers, they should most definitely make their payouts to contributors by some other method. If paying by check is available, as Lizard has said they offered to him, they should pay by check. To me, avoiding people's emails and not providing the truth about the problem or finding a resolution is just plain wrong. And to withhold payments to contributors, when they themselves have received their money, and putting people off for months and months is despicable.

I hope you get this resolved, Lizard, and get your money.

batman

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2009, 12:14 »
has anyone ever tried closing their account with Crestock?
is there a link ?

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2009, 03:19 »
has anyone ever tried closing their account with Crestock? is there a link ?

Yes, No. You can't even delete individual images one by one. They have an anal-retentive complex. I finally managed to escape the infamous black hole by gravely insulting Judge Ross on the forum.  ;D

On the other hand, see this.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 03:24 by FlemishDreams »

tan510jomast

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2009, 11:28 »
On the other hand, see this.

i always find your comments interesting, FD but this one is over my head.  can you explain it to us simpletons what they mean  ;)

« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2009, 16:22 »
i always find your comments interesting, FD but this one is over my head.  can you explain it to us simpletons what they mean  ;)

Well Keith from Zymmetrical catched it quite well  :P
The pageviews of Crestock and Pixmac go up fast, as measured by compete.com, and probably by Alexa too, compared to Zymmetrical.

But if you look where many of those page views come from, you'll see they come from India, Bangladesh, Iran, Indonesia, and some other wonderful countries that are known to buy stock like hell.  ;D
I hope you are aware of link circles, link farms, and pay-per-click sites, and I have this faint idea that a buyer in Manhattan will have less time (= money) than some clicking-zombie in a netcafe in the middle of nowhere, who will see his 1$/day income doubled by another 1$, clicking 1000 links.  :o ::)

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2009, 18:11 »
Maybe its time for a quick update about this matter.

My Crestock agony is now lasting over 5 months , they claimed few weeks ago that their moneybookers  problem is resolved and they will pay
first people who requested their payment first.

It seems they "forgot" and skipped  me again like in december when they were paying just "small fees", now
they made few payments , but still not a trace of those 600$ that they own me now , and apparently they have no valid reason not to do it.

Lars is ignoring my forum posts (as you can see at their forum) , he is also not responding my e-mails to him ,and he just pretends like I don't exist.

I'm not an expert , but it seems to me that with the practice they are using , they are walking on that other side of the law.

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2009, 01:08 »
well it is good to hear they finally seem to have their money bookers account settled, but very frustrating you STILL have not been paid.  Please keep us posted.

« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2009, 11:45 »
To end the story, after few e-mails they told me I wasn't payed cause somehow their records showed that the payment was sent to me a month ago.

They finally did the transaction today and the money is on my account after 5 months.

lisafx

« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2009, 13:28 »
Congratulations Lizard!!  So happy to hear this has finally been resolved for you.

What are your future plans for Crestock?  Will you be uploading there again or have you quit them for good?

« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2009, 14:34 »
Congratulations Lizard!!  So happy to hear this has finally been resolved for you.

What are your future plans for Crestock?  Will you be uploading there again or have you quit them for good?

Good question Lisa, I still dont know what to do.  I think I'm will just quit uploading there for now , and I hope there will be no problems in future.
If it happens again I'm gone for sure.   

lisafx

« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2009, 16:14 »

Good question Lisa, I still dont know what to do.  I think I'm will just quit uploading there for now , and I hope there will be no problems in future.
If it happens again I'm gone for sure.   

Sounds like a plan :)

If you continue getting sales on the port you already have there, you might want to try cashing out when you reach $50.  I do and haven't had a problem getting paid (through paypal).  Knock wood...

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2009, 17:47 »
I am counting the months to reach a pay-out, ask for it and finally closing my account with them.  Ours were never a happy engagement.

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2009, 01:12 »
To end the story, after few e-mails they told me I wasn't payed cause somehow their records showed that the payment was sent to me a month ago.

They finally did the transaction today and the money is on my account after 5 months.

Glad the story finally has a happy ending and that you got your $$

« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2009, 07:48 »
Apparently they haven't changed, or learned from your experience Lizard.  They haven't paid me and it's been well over two weeks.  Emails and forum posts go unanswered.  And mine is just a paypal payment, not even moneybookers.

I swear, if anyone is thinking of joining there..DO NOT.  My friend was uploading there and I told her about all this, and she stopped.  I will NEVER recommend that site again, not even to my worst enemy.  There is just no excuse for this.  The reply I did get about a week ago, they said my payment was still processing and they acted like they didn't know which way was up.  I asked when I could expect payment, and of course...crickets.  No reply back from them.

I'm so ticked I could spit.  *breaks into breathing exercise to cool off lol*