MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: first rejection at SS  (Read 4328 times)

msv

« on: November 21, 2006, 09:48 »
Hello, newbie here, just subscribed to a couple sites, got some pictures up in Fotolia, on the queue with DT and IS and tried Shutterstock too (maybe a little too soon).
So got my first rejection in SS, now I was trying to understand which ones they liked (most of the initial 10 photos were ok for FT, so maybe...).
I've been very careful about noise, ran noiseninja on all pictures and even downsampled some.
I've got 1 rejected for limited commercial value and 1 for lighting, but the remaining 8 were rejected with "7 of 10 must be approved" without any other reason, is it just normal?
Well, retrying in a month, maybe with a completely different batch with photos approved on the other sites.

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 10:12 »
i believe once they realize that they are not going to accept more than 7 images in your first submission they quit reviewing and give you the response of "7 of 10 must be approved"

was that your question?

msv

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 10:15 »
Yep, thanks, that was the question!

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 12:10 »
SS had a bug regarding the first submissions a few days ago, I think that you should contact support about your 1st submission, each picture should have a comment about the result.

As for reviewing all 10, Setho recently confirmed that they were reviewing all of them. Here is one of the threads:

http://submit.shutterstock.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14308&highlight=
Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:52 pm

demigod wrote:
SInce first 3 were rejected, they did not bother with the rest of them, since the final result would have been the same.

setho
Admin/Reviewer
This is incorrect. Our reviewers review every photo.

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 12:36 »
SS had a bug regarding the first submissions a few days ago, I think that you should contact support about your 1st submission, each picture should have a comment about the result.

As for reviewing all 10, Setho recently confirmed that they were reviewing all of them. Here is one of the threads:

http://submit.shutterstock.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14308&highlight=
Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:52 pm

demigod wrote:
SInce first 3 were rejected, they did not bother with the rest of them, since the final result would have been the same.

setho
Admin/Reviewer
This is incorrect. Our reviewers review every photo.

i stand corrected.
I must admit i don't read the shutterstock forums too often.  Good someone here, hangs around there once in a while. ;)

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 13:18 »
You are an old-timer, Tyler, SS probably changed their policy recently  :)

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 19:51 »
Thanks for the tip about recent problems with their first 10 approval system.  The first time I tried, all 10 were rejected mainly for noise, I purchased noise ninja, waited a month and tried again with 7 of the same images and 3 new ones.  Two were rejected for limited commercial value, the other 8 just said not approved.  I emailed shutterstock and inquired whether or not my submittal was affected by their system problem, and they replied that my account was approved that 8 had actually been approved, but a software error flagged them as being rejected.

Thanks for the info, that led to me asking them for a clarification via email, and now my account has been approved.

msv

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 20:22 »
Yep, the same happened to me today, wrote support yesterday, got email today saying that 8 where ok, so my submission was approved and my account activated.
Berryspun & all: thanks a lot for the info, I would have ended up waiting one month in doubt.
And it was great doing 8/10 on my first submission ever, ssssweet!
Or, well, may be they just lowered standards ;)
Thanks again!

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 01:06 »
oh wow, so you are in :) congrats

good luck then, good thing you wrote the email!