pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: FP test changes on pricing and commission!  (Read 25658 times)

m@m

« on: May 31, 2009, 22:21 »
Featurepics unveils their new test pricing and commission structure today, it seems that allot of changes are going to be happening there, the new structure may bring lots of sales to the site and its contributors, very interesting, check it out guys, it looks like a new chapter for FP.

http://featureimage.com/FP-Test/account/updates.aspx
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 22:23 by m@m »

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 01:37 »
I wouldn't mind this if I could still sell my microstock photos at full size for $10.  Most of them will be cut to $5.  There are low sales there and I don't see that changing much.  I tried cutting my prices before and it made no difference.  If someone is willing to pay $7, they will pay $10.  Several other site have no problems selling at more than $10.

I will give it another 6 months and hope this works but if my earnings fall, I will leave.

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 02:49 »
Well I've said a number of times with them that would accept a commision decrease if it means more marketing, so I'm hopeful.

Personally its good to see them making changes and being a dynamic. I expect it will take a while before much is seen, but hopefully it would be good. If not I'm not losing a lot.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 04:29 »
I always liked Featurepics. Someone will say that easy upload system and helpful staff aren't important if sales are low, but I think those things are important. When you need about one minute to submit some 15-20 files, than I don't see the reason for leaving the site. You never know when will some agency introduce something that will totally change the situation in microstock field and bring that agency up.

m@m

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 09:41 »
My sentiments exactly, Whitechild, this move could turn out to be good all around.

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 10:30 »
I'm assuming that the mid stock are alright as long as they aren't listed on micro stock....now my question is what if they are on Alamy? Are they still considered exclusive to featurepics and can you list them as such?

Milinz

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 10:47 »
I'm assuming that the mid stock are alright as long as they aren't listed on micro stock....now my question is what if they are on Alamy? Are they still considered exclusive to featurepics and can you list them as such?

Alamy is not microstock... So, that is out of question that is to be considered as any kind of problem if you have listed images there or even on some other big sites as Gettyimages, Veer (not marketplace) or Fotosearch (but Canstockphoto EXCLUDED)...

[EDIT] Only what I am not so sure is how it will be handled in situation when your images on Alamy are sold under their subscriptions...
I am sure that such images (gold derivates and mid-stock) will be included in future affiliating with other mid-stock sites under some circumstances and additional licences with tweaked commissions for authors.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 10:51 by Milinz »

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 11:26 »

Alamy is not microstock... So, that is out of question that is to be considered as any kind of problem if you have listed images there or even on some other big sites as Gettyimages, Veer (not marketplace) or Fotosearch (but Canstockphoto EXCLUDED)...

[EDIT] Only what I am not so sure is how it will be handled in situation when your images on Alamy are sold under their subscriptions...
I am sure that such images (gold derivates and mid-stock) will be included in future affiliating with other mid-stock sites under some circumstances and additional licences with tweaked commissions for authors.

Thanks for the info Milinz. Maybe what I'll do is delete the non sellers on alamy and put them on featurepics. I just haven't had luck with Alamy and hopefully I will with featurepics once this is started. That's the reason I went to micro stock. I've only sold one on there and that was last year and my share....well 29.95. Long ways from the $200.00 payout...lol. When are they planning to let us begin this? I know I looked today and they don't have the new stuff on the portfolio page yet.

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 11:31 »
Another question...is Most Photos considered microstock or mid stock... I just started uploading there in the last week and haven't sold anything.

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 11:48 »
Thanks for the info Milinz. Maybe what I'll do is delete the non sellers on alamy and put them on featurepics. I just haven't had luck with Alamy and hopefully I will with featurepics once this is started. That's the reason I went to micro stock. I've only sold one on there and that was last year and my share....well 29.95. Long ways from the $200.00 payout...lol. When are they planning to let us begin this? I know I looked today and they don't have the new stuff on the portfolio page yet.

Wow.. Seems like it is not clear, that
http://featureimage.com/FP-Test/
IS THE VERSION where you can make these changes.
Please login there and go to "Manage portfolio".

Review Mid Stock Images - a list of images you listed for >$15. You need to move them into the mid-stock or micro-sock categories.
Review Gold Images - we preselected just a few, so the list can be empty
Submit Gold - a place where you can submit your gold images.

It is very difficult to go through the entire portfolio, that is why we marked all images <=$15 as standard,
>$15 - you need select the category (standard or mid-stock)
Thank you!

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 11:51 »

Wow.. Seems like it is not clear, that

Review Mid Stock Images - a list of images you listed for >$15. You need to move them into the mid-stock or micro-sock categories.
Review Gold Images - we preselected just a few, so the list can be empty
Submit Gold - a place where you can submit your gold images.

It is very difficult to go through the entire portfolio, that is why we marked all images <=$15 as standard,
>$15 - you need select the category (standard or mid-stock)
Thank you!

That's Elena...I'll go there now

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 12:02 »
Elena.......when I go to Manage Portfolio....it is still the same. There is no place to go change the catagory to micro or mid stock or submit for gold images. All I have on ther right now is micro stock..is this why I don't see the option's???

I'm sorry I keep asking, but I just don't see the same layout that appears on the
http://featureimage.com/FP-Test/account/updates.aspx

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 12:10 »

Login doesn't seem to work for me on this test site.  It works fine for me on the real site.

m@m

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 12:14 »
Same here ???

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 12:22 »
am checking...

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 12:36 »
fixed.

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 18:39 »
Looks to me like the one actually good feature of FeaturePics (setting your own price) is basically gone. 

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 19:22 »
Elena...I hope you're still out there...just uploaded 79 exclusive pics and it won't let me save them.....what's the deal??

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 20:06 »
Looks to me like the one actually good feature of FeaturePics (setting your own price) is basically gone. 
Nope!!!
You will be able to set YOUR OWN PRICE for mid-stock images ($30-$100).
But... if you are offering your images for $0.20 somewhere -
what is the point to price them more than $15 at FP?

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 20:07 »
Now I've gone in under the regular way and did a few....then went in under the new way and tryed to submit as gold...well I put the number in and it says it belongs to a different author.

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 20:09 »
Now I've gone in under the regular way and did a few....then went in under the new way and tryed to submit as gold...well I put the number in and it says it belongs to a different author.
oops, give me the ref number... please

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 20:11 »

I2200184
Heh I'm trying hard....just can't seem to get it to work.

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 20:20 »

I2200184
Ok, Ok,...
I need to change the wording...
This image has not accepted yet.
We are trying to "categorize" the published (obviously "accepted") images.

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 20:30 »
Nope!!!  You will be able to set YOUR OWN PRICE for mid-stock images ($30-$100).
But... if you are offering your images for $0.20 somewhere -
what is the point to price them more than $15 at FP?

I don't offer my images for .20 - think about how Dreamstime works.  I sell more and the rates go up.  I can have images priced over $10 for a buyer there pretty easily.  With FeaturePics I've always had to do my own marketing - so why not get more of the profit when I do much more of the work?

The only thing is - that's a more unique business model.  I guess we'll see how this plays out now.

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009, 20:32 »

I2200184
Ok, Ok,...
I need to change the wording...
This image has not accepted yet.
We are trying to "categorize" the published (obviously "accepted") images.

Thnaks..that explains it