MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Yaymicro Third Party Sales  (Read 18832 times)

« on: June 12, 2009, 12:06 »
From YAYmicro Newsletter:

"Third Party Sales

Earlier this year YAY started distributing images through a third party sales channel. The first batch of images included in this deal was 20 000 images from about 20 different photographers. These images have been for sale since late February/early March, and the results so far seem promising. Therefore we have decided to add a further 20 000 of our best images to be sold this way. In order to choose the best images, we invite you to send us suggestions from your own portfolio." ...
"Just make a project folder with 100 of your best images and send the public link to [email protected]."

"P.S. The deadline for submission has been set to Wednesday June 17th."

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 13:25 »
And if you are selected, your photos will be there for a minimum of 3 years. Don't know for you but it is too much a commitment for me

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 13:37 »
Who is this partner? I just selected random 100 photos and forwarded link to project.

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 13:48 »
They say they are not revealing who the partner is because of the competition. Let's see how this goes, it would be nice to start seeing some sales there in any case.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 13:50 »
Haha, they got acquired by Getty :-)

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 16:00 »
Who is this partner? I just selected random 100 photos and forwarded link to project.

Thats about what I did but . . . . .  its been a couple of weeks, have you heard one way or the other or is that a secret also.

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 07:38 »
Anybody who submitted photos for this project got any feedback?
I haven't heard anything, neither positive nor negative...

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 08:00 »
Me neither...

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 11:19 »
No feedback here either.

sc

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 11:28 »
no word yet also

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 11:30 »
They contacted me a few months ago to ask if I was interested in selling through the 3rd party and I heard nothing more until they put commission in to my account.  Hopefully some of you will have a nice surprise.

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 11:41 »
That would be okay, I'm willing to take money for an answer  ;D

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 10:20 »
The real secret is how they hide our images from buyers. I've got one small sale there this year. So I'm not real interested in any "secret" marketing they are hawking now. If they can't sell my 200+ best images there so far I'm not about to waste any more time uploading.

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 02:15 »
I'm not with yay so doesnt affect me, but if that is all the information given? it seems a bit like dreamstime myspace deal. They could be putting them on alamy or somewhere, selling for macro and paying micro? or am I missing something? :)

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 09:39 »
Just had another 70 euros from the 3rd party site sales.  Nice to know the sales are continuing.

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 12:38 »
I just had an other 3rd party sale of 76.19. Quite happy with this!

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 01:12 »
How do you know which images have been selected? I have some in this third party batch too (as I was told in an email some months ago) but I can't find out which have been selected.  The normal sales are improving slowly but I haven't sold anything big as some people say when they sell with this third party.

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 05:13 »
Just had another 70 euros from the 3rd party site sales.  Nice to know the sales are continuing.

yeah, i got a dump of euros in my account again as well.  Nice to see they found a third party partnership that seems to be working!

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 09:59 »
I also got a report from them for the last quarter, 19.42 euros. :) Nice to see that the third party sales are working for them.

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 10:10 »
I got 3rd part sales for Q3, but I don't know how many photos were sold.
Even so,  59.75 still surprised  me !! ;D

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 10:22 »
I received 24,21, not too bad  :)

But a little more information (how many and which pictures sold) would be nice...

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 10:56 »
Yes, isn't that a happy surprise.  If you go to Sales Statistics you will find at least some information.  I found one sale for 8.72 EURS.

E

Fotonaut

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2009, 11:52 »
I believe Yays third party is Norways biggest stock service, Scanpix. That would mean that Norway is basically the market (correction: Scandinavia). Most of the Yay folks are former Scanpix employees. Scanpix calls these "user generated images" (translated from Norwegian). An example.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 12:00 by Fotonaut »

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2009, 12:21 »
I really don't think it is Scanpix.  Your link doesn't show any images (perhaps you have to be logged in), but in the link you provided, in the address is the word 'fotolia' which makes me believe they are using the fotolia RPI somehow.

here is your full link
http://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview.action?search.offset=14&search.rid=18019102&search.rbase=fotolia&search.searchString=Norge&search.showNumResults=20&search.pictureOrientation=all&search.onCd=false&search.creativeBase=all&search.creativeFilterSelection=all&search.baseId=16&search.searchId=13535494&search.businessArea=creative&search.previewNumResults=801&search.roundedOffset=0

With Yaymicro, they told the subscribers who the third party seller was, but also asked us not to announce it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 13:05 by leaf »

sc

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2009, 08:29 »
I just got my 3rd party sales notice. I requested payment and within 5 minutes it was in my paypal account.
Gotta like that

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2009, 08:53 »
Me too, it is nice to get an instant payment.

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2009, 10:38 »
I received my 3rd party sales notice today too.

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2009, 11:20 »
I was never notified of any third party sales.

WarrenPrice

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2009, 14:31 »
Think I'll give it a shot with some editorial stuff.  Anyone else doing any good with editorial?

WarrenPrice

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2009, 10:50 »
13 out of 13 accepted.  Must be my lucky number.
Here's hoping somebody likes motocross ... hand calf roping.   8)

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2009, 21:42 »
20,75 euros for me!

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2009, 02:19 »
I was never notified of any third party sales.

how long have you had your images online?  I don't think all their images are included in the third party sales yet.

WarrenPrice

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2009, 10:56 »
This is getting very confusing.  I'm pleased that the 23 images I just uploaded were all accepted.  I'm not sure what that means.  Do I have to have 100 images and submit to the 3rd Party Program to sell images there? 

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2009, 12:59 »
Make a project file, there is a link on your profile page.  Put in 100 images and then send them an email asking to be included in their 3rd party scheme.  They will take a look and let you know if you have been accepted.

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2009, 13:45 »
Not sure I understand. Do you get these sums you posted every month or every trimester? I'm not a YayMicro contributor but these seem interesting figures especially since they're in euros. Wonder if I should try them.

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2009, 14:29 »
Not sure I understand. Do you get these sums you posted every month or every trimester? I'm not a YayMicro contributor but these seem interesting figures especially since they're in euros. Wonder if I should try them.

the third party sales are credited to our account every quarter.

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2009, 14:37 »
Excuse my lack of intelligence at the moment :) Every quarter of what? Year?Month? Hour :)?

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2009, 14:54 »
Excuse my lack of intelligence at the moment :) Every quarter of what? Year?Month? Hour :)?

yearly quarter :)

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2009, 14:57 »
Okay, thought so, wanted to be sure. Thanks :)

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2009, 21:14 »
Just sold 2 vectors on Yay...but they werent 3rd party sales

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2009, 04:14 »
yeah the last few days I have gotten a few sales there too. Nice to see a little more movement.

WarrenPrice

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2009, 11:09 »
Just started uploading and have yet to have a rejection.  I'm only half way to the 100 needed for acceptance into the Third Party Program. 

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2009, 12:24 »
I did upload 100 pics and sent the mail about third party program but I haven't received word from them yet. It's been a week.

WarrenPrice

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2009, 22:52 »
This is amazing.  I've had 63 of 63 images accepted at Yay.  I don't know if that is a good thing or not?  It has never happened to me before.

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2009, 07:51 »
This is amazing.  I've had 63 of 63 images accepted at Yay.  I don't know if that is a good thing or not?

It would be a good thing if they sold. ;D
The fact they have to rely on a mysterious "third party" to have any sales says enough. Why can't they sell themselves?
By the way, offering images to a third party will lock them in for a year (I read somewhere).

« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2009, 07:56 »
This is amazing.  I've had 63 of 63 images accepted at Yay.  I don't know if that is a good thing or not?

The fact they have to rely on a mysterious "third party" to have any sales says enough. Why can't they sell themselves?
By the way, offering images to a third party will lock them in for a year (I read somewhere).

well the mysterious third party isn't so mysterious for those who are taking part :)
They are good at building up their database, they partnered with an established company who didn't have a microstock database and everyone wins.  As everyone has experienced with new sites - it certainly isn't easy finding the customers.

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2009, 08:32 »
Still how long should I wait for their answer? I mailed to [email protected], this was the right mail no? I pretty much signed up because of the "third party program" it's nice to have some exposure in the local markets.

« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2009, 08:58 »
Still how long should I wait for their answer? I mailed to [email protected], this was the right mail no? I pretty much signed up because of the "third party program" it's nice to have some exposure in the local markets.

Hi Klauts, it may be a while before you hear anything. Try and be patient! The first Third Party batch was done early 2009 and was just for invited contributors (presumably the best selling ones). In the Summer (around June) they invited all contributors to put together a folder of 100 images for consideration. It took about a month at least before we heard anything. Mine were included in the second batch and I just got my first payment of 11 euros. They are looking to do a third batch soon (according to postings on the Yay forum) so hopefully yours will get selected then. I am sure they will post on the site when this is happening. I am sure you haven't done any harm by contacting them now but I wouldn't expect any action until they invite everyone for the next batch! Three things to make clear (if not already). If they like your 100 images they then select from your entire portfolio. Secondly, not all potential images will go into each batch, just a selection -and then, hopefully, more in the next batch. Finally, once selected you do not have to do anything further. They will look at your portfolio each time they are selecting a new Third Party batch. Hope this helps and good luck with your sales. Regards, David.

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2009, 09:08 »

Hi Klauts, it may be a while before you hear anything. Try and be patient! The first Third Party batch was done early 2009 and was just for invited contributors (presumably the best selling ones). In the Summer (around June) they invited all contributors to put together a folder of 100 images for consideration. It took about a month at least before we heard anything. Mine were included in the second batch and I just got my first payment of 11 euros. They are looking to do a third batch soon (according to postings on the Yay forum) so hopefully yours will get selected then. I am sure they will post on the site when this is happening. I am sure you haven't done any harm by contacting them now but I wouldn't expect any action until they invite everyone for the next batch! Three things to make clear (if not already). If they like your 100 images they then select from your entire portfolio. Secondly, not all potential images will go into each batch, just a selection -and then, hopefully, more in the next batch. Finally, once selected you do not have to do anything further. They will look at your portfolio each time they are selecting a new Third Party batch. Hope this helps and good luck with your sales. Regards, David.

Thanks for your reply, David.
I'm not impatient, just curious don't worry. Wasn't sure what the procedure was, thanks for clarifying that out.

Cheers,
Klauts.

WarrenPrice

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2009, 11:22 »

well the mysterious third party isn't so mysterious for those who are taking part :)
They are good at building up their database, they partnered with an established company who didn't have a microstock database and everyone wins.  As everyone has experienced with new sites - it certainly isn't easy finding the customers.

The postings about the 3rd Party is what got me interested.  I like the upload procedure and the acceptance ratio.  I'd like to reach a hundred before the invites are offered.  Maybe that will mean sales.  So far, however, I don't even have Views.   :(

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2009, 08:38 »
Okay, I got some feedback. They did reply my mail and said they'll add new images to the program in a few months.

WarrenPrice

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2009, 14:13 »
Okay, I got some feedback. They did reply my mail and said they'll add new images to the program in a few months.

Few Months!!???  Dang, I was in such a rush to reach 100 images.  Oh Well.  I'm ready now.  Just waiting for an announcement.