MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Fotolia Premium Subscription video royalties  (Read 28365 times)

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2009, 18:39 »
i'm just starting video stock, and have about 70 clips approved on SS and 120 on pond5 in the last 2  months -- i would have considered FT since i already sell images thru them, but this pricing is absurd and i'll definitely stay away

zs

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 21:32 »
Just thought i'd bump this thread because it appears that the ridiculously low comission rate of premium subscription HD video downloads has gone down from $3.6 to $2.7.

If you are opt'd into this you may of already noticed this change.

I would advise everyone to opt out and spread the word to your fellow videographers.

Of course you may be perfectly happy with that commision, but I for one am not and if you feel the same please pass the message on.

Thanks.

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 00:16 »
Just thought i'd bump this thread because it appears that the ridiculously low comission rate of premium subscription HD video downloads has gone down from $3.6 to $2.7.

If you are opt'd into this you may of already noticed this change.

I would advise everyone to opt out and spread the word to your fellow videographers.

Of course you may be perfectly happy with that commision, but I for one am not and if you feel the same please pass the message on.

Thanks.

I just got this email, saying that they have done away with the subscriptions for Video.. Unless I am reading this wrong..

---- email ----
- HD videos are no longer available in subscription plans, but web resolution videos are available, and count as 5 downloads.

We encourage you to create and upload HD quality videos to maximize your revenue stream. That's because HD resolution videos will only be available for purchase through the credits system.

---- end ---

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2011, 07:44 »
Yeah, the way i understood it was that HD video would no longer be available under the subscription plan but yesterday i received this:

Purchase Date: 2011-08-19 01:11:08
Purchase License: V_HD1080
Commission: 2.7

Which was a premium subsciption.

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2011, 10:21 »
It could be potentially a already purchased subscription plan.. As I suppose if someone bought a year subscription that included videos, they would have to honor that until the subscription package was up.. I could be wrong though, I don't trust Fotolia or many other site's at this point, so I am cautious.. I have not uploaded my videos to Fotolia because of their sub program.. I will want to be sure they have done away with HD subs before I consider it..

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2011, 10:31 »
I dont trust them either. I just thought that it was odd that i didnt actually recieve any email notifiying all of the changes and then all of a sudden i was earning less for HD subscription downloads. It was only by chance that i came here and saw that someone had posted it. To be honest i think they kept that part quiet on purpose. Anyways, i found the option to opt out and did so because i draw the line there.

Thanks for listening.

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2011, 10:56 »
I dont trust them either. I just thought that it was odd that i didnt actually recieve any email notifiying all of the changes and then all of a sudden i was earning less for HD subscription downloads. It was only by chance that i came here and saw that someone had posted it. To be honest i think they kept that part quiet on purpose. Anyways, i found the option to opt out and did so because i draw the line there.

Thanks for listening.

Where is the option to opt out? I was trying to find it..

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2011, 12:17 »
Its pretty hidden away and i think it may have been moved since they re-jigged the site:

Once logged in:

My Account -> My Dashboard
Account Information -> Edit -> then click on Contributor Parameters.

And then under Notification Preferences there are some checkboxes.

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2011, 12:26 »
Yes, as i have already said two times here, the opt out was available since the start of the video sell on FT, I've found it some months ago and only sell video for 15-20$.

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2011, 12:42 »
Its pretty hidden away and i think it may have been moved since they re-jigged the site:

Once logged in:

My Account -> My Dashboard
Account Information -> Edit -> then click on Contributor Parameters.

And then under Notification Preferences there are some checkboxes.

Thanks..

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2011, 23:26 »
Interesting read. I pulled my portfolio of 1.000+ files from fotolia two or so years ago because of their subscriptions. They called me twice and asked me not to if only I had a little patience. Well, my patience lasted 6 months, and several email reminders.
If they wouldnt have acted like that I might start uploading again. But they just dont seem to be a fair and honest partner. Who knows - maybe they just want to gather more clips in a rush and then they reduce royalties again, or introduce new subscription plans. For me they never made enough money to even justify the time it takes to upload the videos.

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2011, 01:18 »
Interesting read. I pulled my portfolio of 1.000+ files from fotolia two or so years ago because of their subscriptions. They called me twice and asked me not to if only I had a little patience. Well, my patience lasted 6 months, and several email reminders.
If they wouldnt have acted like that I might start uploading again. But they just dont seem to be a fair and honest partner. Who knows - maybe they just want to gather more clips in a rush and then they reduce royalties again, or introduce new subscription plans. For me they never made enough money to even justify the time it takes to upload the videos.

Good to know.. I am skeptical..