pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Can't log on to iStock...anyone else?  (Read 8503 times)

donding

• Think before you speak
« on: July 19, 2009, 14:28 »
I can't log on to iStock. Everytime I put my user name and password in it just goes right back to the log in page. I tryed several times and the same. Any one else having a problem with this?

bittersweet

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 14:30 »
nope, I just logged in fine.

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 14:33 »
it did it twice again and then the third time it logged on...must have been a tempory glitch or something

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 04:53 »
I had this problem a couple of weeks ago, try deleting cookies, that seemed to work for me.

I logged in okay

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 12:34 »
I had the very same problem since I updated to IE8. If it's your case too, you may want to read this (from iStock site) :

Hello, Some Internet Explorer 8 users are experiencing some login issues. After entering the member name and password, people are being sent back to the previous page and asked to login again.
The following instructions might fix the problem:
1. Please go to TOOLS-> INTERNET OPTIONS->select the SECURITY TAB. Within this tab, please click on Trusted Sites (green check mark) and click on SITES. Add the following https://secure.istockphoto.com - click ADD. Close.
2. Go to the PRIVACY TAB and select SITES button. Please type in istockphoto.com and click ALLOW, then OK. Click OK for the INTERNET OPTIONS window.
3. Go back to INTERNET OPTIONS general tab and under 'browsing history' click DELETE, then select 'Temporary Internet Files' and 'Cookies'; click on DELETE. Let the browser empty it's cache; then restart IE8, log in to your account.
4. Select "Tools" > "Compatibility View Settings" add http://www.istockphoto.com, click on "Close"
If the problem persists, please, do not hesitate to contact us through our ticket system.
We appreciate your continued support.
Sincerely,
The iStockphoto Team

dbvirago

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 08:02 »
This is the same shotgun solution any site gives when they are having problems and don't know what the problem is. Deleting all cookies is a PIA and the few times I have done it with other sites, it did not solve the problem. Most days, it takes 4-5 tries to get logged in, today it was at 20+ when I gave up.

If the problem is on the client side, wouldn't it fail every time?

vonkara

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 11:47 »
I just had the same problem right now... Microsoft changed the delete history in the last update, now all is disfunctional. "How to change things who are working properly for something more disfunctional" - Microsoft

That's what happen when you leave the developement business to bored nerdz  ::)

puravida

• diablo como vd
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 17:53 »
I just had the same problem right now... Microsoft changed the delete history in the last update, now all is disfunctional. "How to change things who are working properly for something more disfunctional" - Microsoft

That's what happen when you leave the developement business to bored nerdz  ::)

i think it's called "built-in obsolescence". It's to keep the IT dept employed. What would it be if we all stop needing to update every other day? Our whole life on the web would change.
Much like our real life if our  politicians suddenly decided to stop making lots of symbolic changes that really serves society nought.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 17:56 by puravida »

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 14:55 »
Yeah... I couldn't get on for days...  finally support sent me the above email.... one problem with that.. I dont use IE,  I use Firefox... now what..
    They didn't know. They changed me to a temp password. Once I used the new password, it logged on just fine.  So who/where was the problem?
   It's working just fine for me now. 8)=tom

Squat

• If you think you know, you know squat
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 17:30 »
It's working fine now. I just uploaded my first batch to Istock a moment ago.
Last week, there was a problem and I could not get in. But it's ok today.

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 01:28 »
Man, this is getting frustrating. Been struggling for days to log in, even after the abovementioned tricks....Anybody out there got news or new tricks?

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 13:52 »
I can't log on either??? It won't load the page at all.

dbvirago

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 15:33 »
I followed their instructions once and it worked for a couple of days. Now it takes anywhere from 3-20 tries to log on. I am not going to delete all my cookies every day for sites that work to get on to one that doesn't. They need to fix this.

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 08:33 »
Man, this is getting frustrating. Been struggling for days to log in, even after the abovementioned tricks....Anybody out there got news or new tricks?

what are you using?  I can no longer log on under an old netscape (used since day one for 3 years)  and must now use firefox. Evidently it matters somehow...  8)=tom