pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Retouchers for Microstock - any experiences, please?  (Read 10916 times)

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2009, 11:03 »
 Hi All,

Thanks to those for answering the questions. Sorry all for taking so long to get back, I have been swamped. Yes it is Jainco Tech not Janco I forgot the i. If any are in doubt they will let you try a test of images first. I know many professionals using this service. I tried them 3-4 years ago and they were not up to speed but they have improved tremendously and if they made a mistake with a photo they will fix the problem they missed. This is not a perfect science and you need to have some patience and communication with them if you want to dial it in to your liking. www.lookstat.com is who I would suggest for key wording and uploading as they are U.S. based and have a much better understanding of the English speaking buyers terms. Jainco for retouching and Lookstat for everything else.

Best,
Jonathan

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2009, 11:14 »
I see you are offering $2 per image for the services.

I thought about doing this for other people before, and frankly, I am just not willing to do the work it takes for $2. I do all of those tasks on my own images and based on the freelance hourly rate I charge, I would charge anywhere between $4.50 and $9.00 per image. Depending on the image, that represents 5-10 min. of work. I say go ahead and outsource to India. I don't want to compete.

Speaking from experience, working with cheap vendors overseas isn't all it's cracked up to be. Good luck to you on that.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 11:19 by cclapper »

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 23:50 »
http://www.jaincotech.com/ is a good choice

Hello,

We are thinking of inviting photo retouchers/editors to help us prepare pictures from our quite big back-log for sending to microstocks. We end up having very little time recently to devote to those image adjustments, but we'd still like to get some use of our images, which keep growing in quantity much faster than we can handle them... So, we decided to outsource part of the process.

In short, we are going to provide pre-selected (only images we consider worth sending to microstocks) unedited RAW (Nikon NEF) files. We expect to get back our images decently adjusted to micro stock quality standards (levels, wb, color tweakings, some minor retouching like dust spots and logos, etc) with the Meta Data (name, description, keywords) filled in. We'd like to get back layered Psd files, so that we could perform some minor fine-tunings if we feel the need to. Conversion to Jpeg and sending to microstocks remains on our side.

I would like to get advice from those who has experience with such a practice on the following points:

- What's the decent price on per-image basis for such manipulations?
- Are there any tools (online or software) which may help simplify the process of sharing input files and results? Or just regular FTP is normally used?

We would be grateful for your feedback.

-----
Best Regards,
Vitaly and Maria
http://www.stockforfood.com

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2009, 22:04 »
Hi Vitaly and Maria,

The price point is often based on how many images you bring a retouch company and how often. Te price can be negotiated. I have heard of people paying 5 dollars and I have heard 3 dollars so that gives you an idea at least with off shore re touching.

I also pay 5 dollars per image for personal retouchers here in the U.S. but these are not big service agencies these are independent professionals.

You can send images through FTP that is the easiest but you can also mail dvd's or hard drives as well.

Sometimes if you have an extra big retouching job on an image they will offer you a price for the time spent but for basic retouching this will get you close.

If you want to pay an extra fee you can always get a personal retoucher as well that works on only your images so you can build a relationship and they get to know how you like your images processed and retouched, better results with less redo's.

Hope this helps,
Jonathan