pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: The scoop on what to shoot this Fall/Winter.  (Read 3168 times)

« on: September 14, 2009, 20:54 »
Well Pantone has come out with spring color prognostications.

So here are the colors everyone needs to start incorporating in their shoots for next season (kinda makes me hungry):

"After surveying the designers of New York Fashion Week for prominent collection colors, color inspirations and color philosophies, Pantone has deemed the Spring 2010 colors as: turquoise, tomato puree, fusion coral, violet, Tuscany, aurora, Amparo blue, pink champagne, dried herb and eucalyptus.

Taking a closer look at the tones, falling on the more vibrant side of the spectrum is turquoise, a cool, tropical hue; bright Amparo blue, a navy-esque tone with warmth; romantic violet; greenish-yellow aurora; bold and provocative fusion coral; and tangy tomato puree, the season's classic red.

Among the neutrals forming the season's color backbone is the delicate, wispy pink champagne; Tuscany, a warm beige; dried herb, the ultimate green neutral, which will pair well with all other colors; and cool eucalyptus, a classic, practical gray."

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 22:03 »
You know, I don't think the typical micro buyer cares about eucalyptus or avacado, or tuscany, or puree :).

Interesting to see what the marketing people want us to think, though.

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 22:42 »
The color predictions are not only valuable to us as photographers, but to those of us that are designers as well. Whether you buy into it or not, LOTS of people do, and that is what makes a trend. I'll be using those color and thanks for the info!

RacePhoto

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 10:24 »
Of course tomato puree everyone pump up your tomato submissions.  ;D

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 16:10 »
Good post Nosaya,

Thanks for the info.

Best,
Jonathan

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 04:26 »
I don't even know what half of these are - or where I can find them. I'll ask baby, she probably has shoes in every one of these colours.

Thanks for sharing the info though.