MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Imagerights has launched a new service to track images online  (Read 4915 times)

« on: October 23, 2009, 16:31 »
Imagerights International is a company that just launched at Photoplus. It helps track unlicensed images used online with a combination of technologies. It's a bit like picscout but for individual photographers. Before the launch I interviewed Ted VanClaeve who is an artist and co-founder of the company. The article is here

http://www.fastmediamagazine.com/?p=1570

ps, I have no relations, agreements or kickbacks with any of the companies I have interviewed

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 16:40 »
Is that not similar to what TinEye is doing?

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 18:00 »
I could be wrong, but the last part of the following quote makes me think that their company is geared towards macrostock (and not microstock):

"There are two other improvements that the company is working on. The first is the ability for photographers to tell Imagerights to search particular URLs (e.g. past infringers) and the ability to let the system know which images are already licensed so they dont show up in the report."

With microstock, you would most likely have no idea which sites have licensed your images (since the sites don't provide that information).

It is an interesting product nonetheless, and one that artists need more and more of (to protect their assets).

WarrenPrice

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 18:24 »
TinEye hasn't worked very well for me.  Do others find it useful?

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 12:19 »
Is that not similar to what TinEye is doing?

Maybe they are using TinEye technology behind it, perhaps improved?  That would help explain why I wasn't able to find anything new using TinEye, as if their image database had stopped growing - at least for the free users.  Perhaps behind the curtains they were moving the technology to a paid service - Imagerights or their won to be launched at the future.