MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Has it really come to this :(  (Read 3679 times)

« on: April 18, 2006, 11:05 »
I have started to notice that some of the images on shutterstock are a collage of 4 or 9 images.  Is this really neccesary?  We are allready selling our images for pennies, do we really want to start a trend of giving the buying 4 or 9 of our images when they make a single purchase :S

I agree that some of the images on shutterstock are usefull collages that would be used as a collage, but others are just four images pasted in one file.  Such as this one.

Greg Boiarsky

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 11:10 »
Yes, there is a trend toward this kind of composite image.  The folks who are posting these composites are recycling old images, trying to make more money from the same photos.  Supposedly the old images continue to sell, and the new images bring in a bit of new income--sometimes a lot, from what people report on the SS boards.

Personally, I think it's a gimmick that will run its course in short order.

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 11:12 »
I agree. It does make it good for the designer though as if they have spare credits, they buy one and effectively get 4 different shots.

I am surprised they are even accepting them to tell you the truth (effectively need a bad compostion reject).

i was also looking on istock and saw model shots with the three different poses isolated on white in the same photo - a 3 model shots being sold for $1. I dont see the point as you will get the sale anyway and potential 3 if you separate them.

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 11:20 »
well I hope it is a trend that will die in due time.

The vector composite image has been around a long time, and seems to be here to stay.. with up to 20 or 40 vectors in one image (being possible much easier by the fact that a vector can be scaled to any size) (for those who aren't familiar with vectors). 
:(

Sponsors

Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results

Sponsors