pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Discussion for those submitting to Depositphotos  (Read 38657 times)

« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2009, 19:10 »
FD-Amateur,

thanks for the info you shared. You did a great job tracking down this questionable linkage. I heard enough to wait long before I upload anything there.

On the other hand. Regardless of who these DepositAnything guys are this is rude how you talk about the "Ruskies". Not that I am one of them it just shocks my ear.

"Ruskies" is used in a derogatory way by Americans and can be used in a neutral way by other countries. I am not defending depositphotos, but it does strike me as strange that people here give a lot of slack to picturenation even though they basically shut down overnight with everyone's images and don't provide any info on what happened, while at the same time assuming the worst about depositfiles without any concrete evidence. Is that because picturenation is British and "more trustworthy", while depositfiles is Eastern European? Do I smell a bit of racism and prejudice here . . . .

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2009, 21:03 »
On the other hand. Regardless of who these DepositAnything guys are this is rude how you talk about the "Ruskies". Not that I am one of them it just shocks my ear.

Yes I realized that too late and it has been edited out. In my part(s) of the world it's used as a friendly term in common and joking conversations, but that might be different in other parts. Given the international and formal context of this forum, it was wrong to use this kind of slang language. I'm sorry for it and I hope it wouldn't weaken my facts.

« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2009, 21:22 »
while at the same time assuming the worst about depositfiles without any concrete evidence.

I would never make such a strong post without an overabundance of evidence on the net that depositfiles hosts many illegal files, totally in the open and shamelessly. They even don't change the file names or hide the links from Google like many of the Rapidshare "sharers" do. Just click the Google links I gave, although I suspect many will vanish soon.

« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2009, 22:19 »
while at the same time assuming the worst about depositfiles without any concrete evidence.

I would never make such a strong post without an overabundance of evidence on the net that depositfiles hosts many illegal files, totally in the open and shamelessly. They even don't change the file names or hide the links from Google like many of the Rapidshare "sharers" do. Just click the Google links I gave, although I suspect many will vanish soon.
I was not disputing your links to illegal files on depositfiles. I was talking about depositphotos and that there is no concrete evidence that they are up to funny business. By the way, rapidshare does not seem much different, go to rapidlibrary.com and type "shutterstock" or "istockphoto" into the search box and you will find dozens of illegal downloads.

« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2009, 23:20 »
It's really a non-issue.  Another non-starter that'll probably be gone within 2 months.  Get yer money quick!  (and change your passport ID # ;) )

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2009, 00:20 »
No, this is not about the money.
At least in my case it's not.
I registered 3 days ago (passport and all), and today I uploaded my first images.
To get the bonus you have to activate it.
And I didn't.  
I might do it in the future, but for now I only wanted to help.  
New site, better commission, I thought to give them a chance.
Apparently there's more going on here and I have a lot to learn. Nobody likes the DepositFiles connection - thank you FD for pointing that out to us.
However I find it hard to believe that anyone would go to such lengths just to get their hands on (yet more) illegal files.
I can only hope that the people behind Deposit Photos know better than that, and wish they'll be around for a lot longer than 2 months.
And by the way - the upload process is a breeze, inspection time a matter of hours and those thumbnails look beautiful.
Why ruin all this work?
I'm staying positive. For now.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 00:23 by Eireann »

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2009, 05:44 »
Hello, guys. I'm from Russia. I came to your forum and was amazed, why so much crap on a new stock? Has it swindled someone yet? not paid promised money? so where is such discontent surge from?
I could understand if your images would have been stolen, or promised money not paid out, or any other real problem took place. Yet, what is going on now causes a sensation of you guys have been paid for smear tactics.
You are bad-mouthing this new business as if it takes away your daily bread.

Registered purposefully to speak out. Thank you for the attention.

« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2009, 06:16 »
You are bad-mouthing this new business as if it takes away your daily bread. Registered purposefully to speak out. Thank you for the attention.

Can we expect more employees from depositfiles to sign up on the forum?  ;D I'm out of here, since the point (with proof) has been made.

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2009, 07:17 »
Hello, guys. I'm from Russia. I came to your forum and was amazed, why so much crap on a new stock? Has it swindled someone yet? not paid promised money? so where is such discontent surge from?
I could understand if your images would have been stolen, or promised money not paid out, or any other real problem took place. Yet, what is going on now causes a sensation of you guys have been paid for smear tactics.
You are bad-mouthing this new business as if it takes away your daily bread.

Yes, first posts from employees, ahem, newbie members are not to be taken really seriously.  If you had been here any length of time, you'd have seen other "NEW FLASHY TREND SETTING ONE OF A KIND" microstocks come and go.  The time is really over for anyone to break into the market, especially someone with questionable backing.  Contributor and buyer trust and all that.

« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2009, 08:43 »
In my opinion, there is no need to be too cautious. Today, I noticed that a number of rather "famous" microstockers (e.g. nicemonkey) have uploaded their portfolio.

Btw, I am Western European and not employed there  ;D

« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2009, 09:22 »
In my opinion, there is no need to be too cautious. Today, I noticed that a number of rather "famous" microstockers (e.g. nicemonkey) have uploaded their portfolio.

Well, I'm not sure what your opinion is worth, as you're posting anonymously.  "Famous" microstockers may be as misled as anyone else, although I certainly don't recognize the names of any of their "top photographers":
   1. Jaroslav863
   2. Grublee
   3. Laures
   4. Spaxiax
   5. Aleksask
   6. Myshkovsky
   7. Tan4ikk
   8. Ffotograff65
   9. Kvkirillov
  10. Marylooo

« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2009, 09:44 »
FD-Amateur,

thanks for the info you shared. You did a great job tracking down this questionable linkage. I heard enough to wait long before I upload anything there.

"Ruskies" is used in a derogatory way by Americans and can be used in a neutral way by other countries. I am not defending depositphotos, but it does strike me as strange that people here give a lot of slack to picturenation even though they basically shut down overnight with everyone's images and don't provide any info on what happened, while at the same time assuming the worst about depositfiles without any concrete evidence. Is that because picturenation is British and "more trustworthy", while depositfiles is Eastern European? Do I smell a bit of racism and prejudice here . . . .

Not to mention Albumo, which was in California. Upped and disappeared with no explanation and members screaming for their money, not being paid.

Crestock either not paying their artists or very slow. Ignoring emails from contributors. If I recall, they are Scandanavian.

Imagevortex having a registered address in a pharmacy in the Vancouver region of British COlumbia.  Ignoring emails for monthes. Not returning calls either.

I think this whole thing now is appalling and has turned into an inquisition.

BTW, I am also a new member, having only been here for about 2 or 3 monthes, so I guess my comments will amount to nothing per some members here...

A.

« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2009, 09:50 »
Me famous ;D I dont think so...yes I have have uploaded the minimum amount of images I needed to get the payout and even had two sales and been paid and cashed out all of the money. I dont have any intention of uploading anymore images at the present time.

« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2009, 12:09 »
I understand those authors whose content is placed in file exchange systems illegally, but the links to it are published without coordination with them. And I am fully on these authors side.

We have no connection to depositfiles.com, but we have the same big investor, and I am sure he is honest. DepositFiles.com is not the only big project which is owned by our investor. We could conceal this connection easily but we do not do that since we consider it to be a great advantage to our relations.

There is no other way in the world other than direct contact with the author or his/her representative. That is why file exchange hosting have no right to delete files until they are complained about. There is no other way, since the whole system and the basics of the Internet will be destroyed. The model will be destroyed. That is why in different countries there different norms regulating content circulation in the Internet. Absolutely all micro and macro hostings work by these norms and regulations. All web 2.0 projects, all tube systems (which you regard in your I-Phones), all micro and macro stocks. There is no other way.

I consider this fact slanting and racial prejudice of some persons who wrote here as a special-order event organized by either direct order or by their own silly initiative. We are entering the market and are ready for any attacks. I am asked to cashe all public accusations and slander from concrete persons with the possibility to further use of this material in court.

« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2009, 12:19 »
I think we have heard both sides now - so this thread will be locked.