MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Fotolia and Witholding Taxes!  (Read 55479 times)

« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2009, 11:56 »
He He,

I thought we had all got banned for a moment !!

Eireann, Im in the same boat as you my thinking is that it would be far too much for Fotolia to post all these letters out to contributors and they would think of a way round it, you never know !!

Linn, lets hope thousands ask for the letter to be posted, Ive a feeling things may well move on after the New Year, But I could well be wrong !!

Warren

« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2010, 12:14 »
Hello,

I picked up Warren's email to get a posted letter and adapted it to sound more general, so anyone can send it right away:

Dear Fotolia,

According to what you stated in your emails and in the Tax Center, in order to receive tax treaty benefits I need an ITIN number.

With this in mind, I respectfully ask you send me by post, not email, an original letter on fotolia's letterhead, addressed to me and stating my account number with Fotolia. I need that document to send along with the W-7 form to IRS.

As you well know, I must comply with the IRS tax regulations in this matter.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

I have no intention of getting an ITIN number, but this seems to be to only way to pressure Fotolia to get their facts right. Let's ask for thousand's of letters ;).

« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2010, 03:21 »
Does anyone know how to check if the withholding amount is correct? I assumed that it is by dividing the withholding amount by the credits earned from US buyers as shown in the Fotolia Statistics page. But when I did that, I got 44.1%!
Btw I had submitted the W-8BEN form and my withholding tax should be 30%.

I did ask the Fotolia support on how they calculate the withholding amount and their reply is "We have reviewed your account and the withholding is correct for the period."

Not very helpful...    ??? :( >:(

« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2010, 04:02 »
I still don't see any point in asking for the letter.  They need to sort this out with the IRS, like other sites have.  How does asking for the letter help?  It just makes it look like we are willing to apply for the ITIN and they don't have to do anything.

If they come back and insist we still need the ITIN, it will be a shambles because other sites have sorted this out.  They really have got to get this right.

« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2010, 17:16 »
jojo,

In my "sold images" report, I can see the images that sold to the USA and they show 0.70x the normal credits I would be receiving.  There is also a section somewhere in your area that shows the sales to the USA.

« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2010, 21:00 »
Madelaide,

Thanks for your help! I guess I was looking at the wrong report... The amount shown in the Statistic report already had the Withholding tax deducted...

« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2010, 00:21 »
Can someone explain why SS can only take takes from US sales and fotolia takes taxes for all sales (if you didn't supply any forms on both of the sites)?

« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2010, 18:12 »
Did anyone got the tax back after sending them the form? My form was appoaved 2 weeks ago but still waiting for the tax correction since 0% applies for me.