MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Changing microstock name before i reach yuri's status???  (Read 3356 times)

« on: December 12, 2009, 12:43 »
Hello all, I guess this is the best place to ask this question as opposed to individual micro sites.

As you see my name is "zenpix" since i started uploading to microstock sites, same name in all sites.
When i do a web search I see that others out there have the same name.
Some are photo related, some i belive engineering, even a production co...

Im woried about the right to this name.
For example when i reach yuri's status and i becom a millionair from micro's, i wondering if another co. can make me change my name, cause i dont have tradmark.

So, if my thingking is correct, is it likely that they can make me change my name? I think its possoble.

Im trying to nip it in the bud by doing it now before i am huge like yuri with millions following me/my name.
I assume that would hurt biz, at that point to do a name change.

Also and just as important, will all the microstock sites allow me to change may name?

P.S. Im being sarcastic about Yuri i know i will never reach his status, but we can still dream.

Thanks,Nick

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 13:06 »
+3
As a buyer as well as a contributor, I can tell you from experience that I RARELY look at who submitted a photo that I purchase. It's only the image that counts to me when buying, not the name.

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 16:36 »
Humm, interesting. I assumed buyers bookmark there fav photographers?

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 17:17 »
Hello all, I guess this is the best place to ask this question as opposed to individual micro sites.

As you see my name is "zenpix" since i started uploading to microstock sites, same name in all sites.
When i do a web search I see that others out there have the same name.
Some are photo related, some i belive engineering, even a production co...

Im woried about the right to this name.
For example when i reach yuri's status and i becom a millionair from micro's, i wondering if another co. can make me change my name, cause i dont have tradmark.

So, if my thingking is correct, is it likely that they can make me change my name? I think its possoble.

Im trying to nip it in the bud by doing it now before i am huge like yuri with millions following me/my name.
I assume that would hurt biz, at that point to do a name change.

Also and just as important, will all the microstock sites allow me to change may name?

P.S. Im being sarcastic about Yuri i know i will never reach his status, but we can still dream.

Thanks,Nick

IS you have to contact support and ask. Did you get accepted on IS after 5 tries? SS you can change your own name. Some don't allow name change you have to write to all of them to ask.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 17:19 »
+2
ANCIENT thread alert!

PaulieWalnuts

• We Have Exciting News For You
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 17:23 »
+2
It's Save Old-Thread Saturday. #SOS

Shelma1

• stockcoalition.org
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 17:51 »
+11
Uh oh..now we all know who ouchie is.

Uncle Pete

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 19:59 »
Well I wanted to change my name on IS and had to contact them. The place to put your business name in was empty, so I put something in to see what it did and where it showed. Under a minute later I went to change it back and it's locked.

So if you go fill that in, choose wisely Grasshopper, it takes contact and sitemail and emails, and proving that you are really yourself, before you can undo it.

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 23:17 »
I just found name chaneg in search and answered. Didn't see date.