pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: How long do ftp files take to get into the 'Unfinished files' [DepositPhotos]  (Read 9829 times)

« on: February 02, 2010, 09:21 »
Anyone know?  I uploaded uploading a batch of 100 files this morning to DepositPhotos and they haven't shown up in the 'unfinished files' section after several hours.  Should I be patient or try and find where the problem is?

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 09:40 »
Anyone know?  I uploaded uploading a batch of 100 files this morning to DepositPhotos and they haven't shown up in the 'unfinished files' section after several hours.  Should I be patient or try and find where the problem is?

Immediately, normally. But not now... (I'm uploading).
PS - Dreamstime seems to have hiccups too. After an hour not yet an FTP report (before entering Unfinished). Maybe it's server strike day today.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 09:47 by FD-amateur »

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 09:55 »
Anyone know?  I uploaded uploading a batch of 100 files this morning to DepositPhotos and they haven't shown up in the 'unfinished files' section after several hours.  Should I be patient or try and find where the problem is?

Immediately, normally. But not now... (I'm uploading).
PS - Dreamstime seems to have hiccups too. After an hour not yet an FTP report (before entering Unfinished). Maybe it's server strike day today.

Ok thanks - let me know if yours show up.  I often have long file names with characters like _ in them which some sites do not like and they get sifted out on some sites - so I was wondering if it could be that.  I'll be patient for now though.

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 09:58 »
I haven't uploaded today, but the last ones I uploaded took 6 days to get accepted. Seems they are getting overloaded with all the uploads they are getting. Maybe you need to shoot them an e-mail. When I contacted them to straitened out my link problems they were very helpful and told me what to do. I heard back from them within 24 hours so they are very helpful when ask.

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 10:10 »
I uploaded some on Sunday and they took about an hour.  Perhaps they are having problems handling the quantity of uploads?  There is already over half a million images on the site, that is quick for a relatively new site.

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 10:19 »
I haven't uploaded today, but the last ones I uploaded took 6 days to get accepted. Seems they are getting overloaded with all the uploads they are getting. Maybe you need to shoot them an e-mail. When I contacted them to straitened out my link problems they were very helpful and told me what to do. I heard back from them within 24 hours so they are very helpful when ask.
I am not talking about getting images reviewed, I am talking about images showing up in the 'unfinished files' section after uploading via FTP

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 10:22 »
Ok thanks - let me know if yours show up.  I often have long file names with characters like _ in them which some sites do not like and they get sifted out on some sites - so I was wondering if it could be that.  I'll be patient for now though.
They arrived after an hour. File names are no issue since I have weird characters (; - _ whitespace, nowhitespace) that made LO, Zymm and FP choke in the begin. DP takes it all.

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 10:38 »
Thanks all.

My pics didn't show up - so trying to error check... I realized that I didn't even have Depositphotos set up in my FTP software so I couldn't have even uploaded the files to their site.... more checking... i uploaded the files to mostphotos .. ddahhhhhhhhh...

mostphotos = depositphotos ... details details.   ??? I'm not one for details.

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 10:39 »
I just uploaded one file and it showed up right after upload....so mine seems to work. I uploaded through their website rather than FTP

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 10:43 »
My files showed up within minutes of being uploaded... 

Now I'm just waiting on review (been nearly 10 days now).

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 10:45 »
Thanks all.

My pics didn't show up - so trying to error check... I realized that I didn't even have Depositphotos set up in my FTP software so I couldn't have even uploaded the files to their site.... more checking... i uploaded the files to mostphotos .. ddahhhhhhhhh...

mostphotos = depositphotos ... details details.   ??? I'm not one for details.

Whoops !!   ;)