pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: RIP Stockxpert...  (Read 31714 times)

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 14:09 »
I just went to SPX and they have a big ad..actually a photo.."Get credit at iStock photo" on their main page.

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 14:17 »
The question on everybody's mind is: how to get paid for the last time? Should I request a payment instantly or wait for a few days (are the JIU/Photos royalties real-time or will they keep dripping in for some time?)

Here's what Seb said:

As for your earnings you can either transfer then to your iStock account by logging back into your account and then follow the guidelines to do so.

If you don't want to transfer to iStock or do not have an account there, email customer support and ask for a complete payout. I suggest you only do so after Feb 10 in case you get more sales until then.

The credits they talk about transferring are buyers who have already bought credits, not contributors.

I had a feeling something was up. I uploaded some photos yesterday and before I even finished adding categories, they were approved. Too bad it wasn't always like that!

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 14:21 »
I think we need to put a tombstone over StockXpert in the poll results.. :-\

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 14:22 »
Very sad news indeed.

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 14:23 »
It seems like IS and SS are eating small fishes, I wonder if DT and FT will remain independent in the future or are they going to be eaten by the majors (SS and IS)

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 14:36 »
Proubably when any one asks for a payout it will take two or three months to get it since everyone will be requesting one. Maybe that's why there was a hold up recently over that..maybe they where trying to fine tune their engines so they could handle it all.

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 14:48 »
Wonder if you can even cash out if your earning are under $50 ??? On the balance page it talks about transfering your credits over to iStock but right above that it says

"Request payment 

You can only request payment if your current earnings reach $50"

So does that mean if you don't have that in there you're basically out of luck???

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 14:52 »
Hate to see them go but I still won't sell out to Istock's (JUI etc.) subs for $.25 a download!

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 14:57 »
 So did IS just buy them to kill them?  Or did IS buy them for the free images site?

I will never understand this  ??? 

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 15:00 »
Hate to see them go but I still won't sell out to Istock's (JUI etc.) subs for $.25 a download!

That's exactly what I've been thinking. Loosing out on the regular sales on StockXpert, and seeing a sales channel disappear is making it rather a tough decision. I'm afraid the Getty consortium leaves us with little options this way.

RacePhoto

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 15:01 »
Wonder if you can even cash out if your earning are under $50 ??? On the balance page it talks about transfering your credits over to iStock but right above that it says

"Request payment 

You can only request payment if your current earnings reach $50"

So does that mean if you don't have that in there you're basically out of luck???

In that mass of text and if you go to the StockXpert forums and read...

If you aren't receiving any new royalties from the subscription site, you can request a one-time final payout by contacting Support.

I hope that means we will get earnings transferred or we will get paid. That's the way I read it?

ap

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 15:02 »
 So did IS just buy them to kill them?  Or did IS buy them for the free images site?

i think they killed two birds with one stone. they now have the "hemera" collection, consisting of all StockXpert images (those that opted into partner sites) in their new thinkstock subscription based website. they also effectively killed the stockexpert brand.

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 16:01 »
From the forum at StockXpert

... All StockXpert customers will be able to transfer their remaining StockXpert credits to iStockphoto, where they will be honored on a 1 for 1 basis. To transfer your credits, make sure you are logged in to your StockXpert account and follow the link from the iStock ad on the front page. You will receive an email outlining the complete details of the credit transfer.

Ok,  that's about customers. But what about StockXpert contributors?  I can't find a way to transfer current earnings to IS?

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 16:04 »
As for your earnings you can either transfer then to your iStock account by logging back into your account and then follow the guidelines to do so.

If you don't want to transfer to iStock or do not have an account there, email customer support and ask for a complete payout. I suggest you only do so after Feb 10 in case you get more sales until then.

I posted this above.

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 16:09 »

Istock didn't buy them it was Getty and they bought Jupiter, which included among alot of other things StockXpert & SXC. StockXpert doesn't fit in with their Istock plan so its gone.

I just wish they could have announced what was the plan a while ago so you could make decision on what to do next.

StockXpert was about 10% of my montly earnings. Hopefully the buyers go to whatever agency gives me the best $ per download.
I truely hope none of them go to Fotolia.

SS buying BigStock is one of the strange ones. I don't know what is going to go on there. Doesn't make sense to me for SS to have bought them. DT or FT as they are bigger competitors would have made sense but maybe they weren't up for sale or too expensive for SS to buy.

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2010, 16:12 »

I posted this above.

I have not found a way to transfer earnings to IS.  But I have received this message: "If you aren't receiving any new royalties from the subscription site, you can request a one-time final payout by contacting Support http://www.stockxpert.com/support/contac .. ."

m@m

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2010, 16:32 »
I for one just requested my final payout from StockXpert, things are getting too weird for me, and I refuse to let them get away with paying me $0.25 subscription sales, even though I opted out of that plan. Once things settle I'll reload my photos elsewhere...really bad StockXpert had to go, I really like them :-[

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2010, 16:42 »

I haven't had any sales at all for JIU in February.  Has anyone else?  I assumed they were closed down...

I had a ppd sale today actually....sigh.

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2010, 17:18 »

I haven't had any sales at all for JIU in February.  Has anyone else?  I assumed they were closed down...

I had a ppd sale today actually....sigh.

Me to!

1,5$

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2010, 17:21 »
I'm speechless. 

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2010, 17:52 »

That's exactly what I've been thinking. Loosing out on the regular sales on StockXpert, and seeing a sales channel disappear is making it rather a tough decision. I'm afraid the Getty consortium leaves us with little options this way.
The decision is easy for me.  I want buyers to go to SS, where they pay me $0.38, so I wont supply Getty sites that only pay $0.25.  I think there are enough of us avoiding them to make the buyers look at the other subs sites.  My sales with SS were up on January 09.

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2010, 17:59 »

i think they killed two birds with one stone. they now have the "hemera" collection, consisting of all StockXpert images (those that opted into partner sites) in their new thinkstock subscription based website. they also effectively killed the stockexpert brand.

The hemroid collection doesnt have many pictures, 180,000 and the forum on StockXpert has many people asking why their photos are not moved, just IS photos. Remember the transfer with duplicates how they would take your IS photos but we are no thank you for supporting StockXpert because your photos are only going to come from IS. I don't see one StockXpert photo on tinkstock from any IS members. We just get ignored and lied to.

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2010, 18:00 »

From the StockXpert forums.
Basically, we migrated opted-in files that we identified as being unique to StockXpert...

If dont see your opted-in files, be patient they will show up eventually.

I'm not sure I understand.  Will they automatically put your content in the site, or will they only do so for the ones they identify as "unique."  Other things I've read have suggested that these are "select" images, meaning someone is judging whether to let images in or not.

I didn't get it either: I don't have an IStock account so they are not migrating my files? Do I have to sign up at Istock? Too bad they closed, they were a consistent seller for me.

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2010, 18:15 »
Just a replacement with nicer looking site that will hold all Getty's subscriptions. Are they going to migrate accounts to it eventually. It seems kind of funny to keep it StockXpert frozen forever.

ap

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2010, 18:31 »

The hemroid collection doesnt have many pictures, 180,000 and the forum on StockXpert has many people asking why their photos are not moved, just IS photos. Remember the transfer with duplicates how they would take your IS photos but we are no thank you for supporting StockXpert because your photos are only going to come from IS. I don't see one StockXpert photo on tinkstock from any IS members. We just get ignored and lied to.

over 80% of my StockXpert portfolio is at thinkstock right now. i'm also a is member.