pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: One more sale and the dominoes fall  (Read 17071 times)

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 07:00 »
StockXpert is stockxpert? i thought we can only see the downloads end of the month..downloads are from thinkstock?
am i right?

I haven't any sale on every agencies except SS, for a last 24h...

Something happening!

It's all right, it's just you  ;D. I've had sales on every one of the "top six" today, even poor old StockXpert.

Something is happening, and it's something good!  I'm on my way to a BDE... even StockXpert is doing outstanding today... will likely be my best StockXpert day in many months, possibly ever.

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 07:03 »
StockXpert is stockxpert? i thought we can only see the downloads end of the month..downloads are from thinkstock?
am i right?

Yes you are right.  this is an old thread

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010, 07:08 »
ah..

RacePhoto

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2010, 20:58 »
ah..

YEs, thread from the dead, which was Feb. before StockXpert became Thinkstock. Also before StockXpert went dormant and crazy for months wile they were doing the transition. Probably the worst transition planning you'll ever see. Go read the StockXpert forums for a blow by blow, and don't try to make any sense of it.

People who opted out, still had photos for sale. People who wanted in, couldn't find their images. Partner site photos from IS were supposed to be culled for duplicates, but there are stacks of dupes on the site. People who closed accounts and removed all images, were supposed to get paid, but it took a month or two, to get that sorted out.

Here's the way it is right now. (I think?) StockXpert images show up on your old StockXpert account as sales, and once a month will get reported on IS earnings as partner program. Partner program images from IS that are sold on ThinkStock will also show up once a month as partner program earnings.

You have two collections up for sale on one site, so that way, they can keep them separate but accounted for. Keep in mind some people with StockXpert accounts, never had IS accounts or never go accepted. Some people on IS never had StockXpert accounts. So the only way to blend the two, as far as payouts back to us, was allow them to be independent images sources under the same banner. And pay us all in one unified location which is IS.

What I don't know and don't care, is how people who never had an IS account are getting paid from Thinkstock?   ???

Oh yes, and everything sells for whatever, via subscription and we are paid 25c per download. It appears there is no future for increase or higher commissions. Of course with the news from IS that independents like me will be getting 15% and the former canisters have been thrown out the window, the ThinkStock program is starting to look like it was a storm warning for the IS 2011 adjustments for contributors.

Even though of course, IS and StockXpert are somehow not connected and the IS people claim they are independent from Getty... Funny how the same screwed up commission plans came through from supposedly unrelated divisions? Yeah, right. They are still selling swamp land in Florida and bridges in Brooklyn, if anyone here is buying.

And I'm sticking with my claim that Microstock nearly a Ponzi scheme. IS has supported my contention by admitting that the payment schedules cannot be sustained under the current format. In other words, like a Ponzi scheme, the whole pyramid collapses when there aren't enough new suckers to pay off the earlier members. And there you have it. Microstock collapsing under it's own weight as an non-viable plan, as it was being operated. Promised levels based on sales and achievement, had to be removed, before everyone made it to the PROMISED higher paying percentages and canisters. Only people who started the chain, make money and people who got in early. The late comers will pay the top off and get the dregs of what's left.

Broken promises, lower commissions, changes in the payments, removal of incentives, agencies folding into the big ones. There you have it.

microstockphoto.co.uk

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2010, 02:12 »
What I don't know and don't care, is how people who never had an IS account are getting paid from Thinkstock?   ???

For those who care...

pictures in the partner programme from IS are being sold on thinkstock and photos.com and paid in IS account;
pictures in the partner programme from StockXpert are being sold on thinkstock only and paid in StockXpert account, not IS;

in both cases, sales are reported once a month (sometimes very late the next month)

RacePhoto

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2010, 14:36 »

For those who care...

pictures in the partner programme from IS are being sold on thinkstock and photos.com and paid in IS account;
pictures in the partner programme from StockXpert are being sold on thinkstock only and paid in StockXpert account, not IS;

in both cases, sales are reported once a month (sometimes very late the next month)

And I thought my payments from StockXpert are paid on the partner program on my IS account.  :)

Maybe it's time to pull the plug on StockXpert and stop all this confusion and foolishness.