I downloaded and checked it out. Impressive graphics and well structured BUT... With time I have built and refined a very elaborate EXCEL sheet covering all my needs, I guess the same stands for all professional Microstockers. I keep my statistics manually spending no more than half an hour per week and it is far more accurate. The reason being that I contribute to agencies that are not provided in the app and that I include commissions and other sources of income in my excel. This means that as an income or even a statistics tool this app (or any other for that matter) is inadequate for me.
On the other hand, having a portfolio of 800+ illustrations, it is impossible to keep track of how individual images or series do in their total capacity. I do have a general idea of what works best or worst but I loose it in the middle tiers. Some sites like SS give you some options but the overall picture is lacking.
I see that you have done a pretty good job in this area. Although some features like folders/lightboxes don't work in the version I downloaded I expect there will be improvements and debugging in the future.
I would suggest you emphasize this part of the app with some more options and more graphics (trends, selling curves, etc.). If this is done I would definitely be a customer. Even if no more agencies are added having these statistics will be an invaluable tool for planning and asses that is impossible to custom-make and manually track.
I hope this was helpful
Best of luck
thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.
Did you get a chance to use the Collections? We implemented them to be the equivalent of Folders/Lightboxes on agency sites. The only difference is the app does not automatically take them from an agency site, but rather you have to create them on your own and add pictures manually. You only have to do it once though and you can add pictures from different agencies too.
Also, did you try the Match All feature which automatically groups the same image on different agencies? It makes life a lot easier.
In any case, feel free to suggest new helpful features since we're very open and implement a lot of the things users request of us.
I tried to use the collections but it doesn't give me any images to put in (I guess this is a bug).
In any case to elaborate a bit more about my previous post. I definitely agree with dirkr
above. Here are some features that, I think, would also be very VERY useful concerning sales by image/collection:
- Image/Collection life-cycle projection curve. With some simple statistics you can have an approximate prediction of what a project (image or collection) will make in it's microstock lifetime. This way you know if it did worth your time before it completes it's cycle and assess if you want to work more on it. Read this post for more info about image life-cycle
to see in length what I refer to: http://blog.microstockgroup.com/the-tyranny-of-the-microstock-lifecycle/
- Trending - Images/Collections, RPI and Overall Income/Downloads. 3 to 5 values (up - middle - down)
- Automatic retrieval of SS Collections and their statistics
- Option to select & compare Images/collection in some graph with different colors and different options like income, RPI, views etc.
- Pie charts for selected images/collectionsFurthermore
- You can also add "blank fields" of manually adjusted inputs that would be named (like "Commissions", "Day Job", "Trust Fund" etc.) and filled by the user on a weekly/monthly basis and that would be integrated into the overall statistics.
- Pie charts showing what percentage of your income comes from which agency and/or other income sources.
- Conversion of all the different values to a single currency (and not only Dollar or Euro) retrieving data from the Forex Exchange
All this would convert your app into a very powerful income tool and would allow the user to assess where to emphasize their business and adjust accordingly.
I know that what I suggested means a hell of a lot more work but you can compensate by offering your app into a basic/professional/premium subscriptions (or something like that) with different options. You will also have the basis to expand to a much wider audience than mickrostockers. Musicians, print/t-shirt artist, audio/web book writers, YouTubers and other professionals that combine internet (meaning automatically retrieved) income and real world (manually filled) income would love to have a tool like this.
If you do this right and with a little luck in a couple of years of hard work GOOGLE will buy you out to an early retirement!!!!
Then you will remember your good friend "Nazlisart" and you will sent him 3% of your buy-out money for his suggestions...
Have a Good one!