MicrostockGroup Sponsors


Author Topic: Look who is spamming!  (Read 3524 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

« on: July 04, 2015, 06:35 »
+1
We don't see the same English FT page all over the world.

There is a:
1. https://us.fotolia.com
2. https://en.fotolia.com
3. https://eu.fotolia.com
- and the main domain that I can see on Google search but when I click on it I get redirected.

The first three are all in English yet showing different keywords.

When I first mentioned that keyword are being changed by the system, everybody thought that I'm crazy.

Now that someone is complaining about spamming, I can show you how some of it is done by the system.

Mat offered his help to find out why is this done. I'm still waiting for the answer but in the meantime have a look at these screenshots to see some examples of where a part of the spam comes from.

This is called translation (apparently English to English) by FT support. There is only one English on SS and other agencies.
Adobe stock shows the https://en.fotolia.com & https://eu.fotolia.com version.

Did you know about this? I don't even mention pages translated to other languages which are a mess.

It seams that you have to be logged in to see the images.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 09:59 by Dodie »


Noedelhap

  • www.colincramm.com

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 06:49 »
0
It looks messed up. I checked some of my own files. Some keywords have been left out, some have been replaced with wrong synonyms ('scary' becomes 'skittish'), or have been translated to their Latin names ('human' becomes 'homo sapiens').

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 06:55 »
0
I ques it is a huge demand for homo sapiens.

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 09:26 »
0
Keywords here look pretty spammy anyway

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 10:03 »
+3
Keywords here look pretty spammy anyway

You mean all my keywords or the ones that are changed? It is hard to tell without seeing the image.
Anyway, only 26% of my sales are from US buyers. By loosing relevant keywords, I'm loosing buyers from the rest of 74% outside US.

I am still trying to sort thing out. My images are indexed in US English and on US FT site the keywords are correct. If some of you have the same experience or have some advice, it would be helpful to share.

In a way I should be grateful to FT for this attractive key term "long legs" but I'm lucky that I don't see the searcher's face when he ends up with a pork knuckle (just kidding).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 11:02 by Dodie »


 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
7 Replies
4057 Views
Last post August 05, 2006, 16:33
by leaf
6 Replies
3624 Views
Last post May 30, 2007, 21:30
by litifeta
79 Replies
19437 Views
Last post December 13, 2007, 18:41
by cathyslife
26 Replies
8016 Views
Last post January 13, 2017, 13:47
by Pauws99
2 Replies
2037 Views
Last post February 09, 2017, 09:11
by jonbull

Sponsors

Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results

Sponsors

3100 Posing Cards Bundle