MicrostockGroup Sponsors


Author Topic: Big 4?  (Read 17752 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2009, 06:09 »
0
IS = roughly the next 3, being DT+FT+SS (in that order) for me, StockXpert is next and about 1/2 of DT,


modellocate

  • Photographer
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2009, 07:33 »
0
OK, looks like it was just me. Thanks for the input. :)

e-person

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2009, 08:07 »
0
To me only IS and SS deliver a steady interest from buyers to my photos.

DanP68

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2009, 17:02 »
0
For me there are only 3 sites worth contributing to:  Shutterstock, iStock, and Dreamstime.  Those 3 make up over 85% of my total earnings.  The other 6 sites are worth less than 15%, and are time wasters.

CCK

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2009, 06:31 »
0
Well, I'm glad to see others still have a big 4 - I'm basically down to the big 2, for me DT and about 10% behind SS is running for second place for February. This is the firts time for me that SS is not in first place at any given time of the month. IS is really not doing good for me at the moment, and I've stopped uploading to the other sites.

DanP68

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2009, 22:01 »
0
I'll probably be down to just 3 or 4 sites soon.  I'm not closing my accounts anywhere, but I see no point in contributing to the lesser sites.  It's twice the work for 15% of the revenue - senseless.

I'm very happy with my Top 3, Shutterstock, Dreamstime, and iStock.  All 3 of them treat me well, and I've never had to fight them over a gross injustice.  They also keep the sales coming.  iStock and Dreamstime have been really good for me for recurring sales.  Shutterstock just keeps chugging along.  Even though recurring sales aren't as strong there, I still get plenty of downloads from images uploaded 12-18 months ago.

I'm tempted to continue uploading to StockXpert because they have at times shown the ability to generate healthy returns in the last 6 months.  But with the 30c subscriptions sales, and declining volume overall, I am losing patience there too.  BigStock, 123, FP, and SV have largely been wastes of time and effort.

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2009, 22:26 »
0
I'll probably be down to just 3 or 4 sites soon.  I'm not closing my accounts anywhere, but I see no point in contributing to the lesser sites.  It's twice the work for 15% of the revenue - senseless.


You simply must get amongst FT my friend. My own data projects them to be the most likely eventual 'winner' in microstock although it will probably take another 2-4 years before it is fully realised. I know different folk have hugely different experiences there in terms of both acceptance ratios and sales but it is worthwhile persevering for the eventual rewards. Good luck!

DanP68

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2009, 11:07 »
0
No thank you.  Too many attempts by FT to undermine contributors in the last year with ridiculous policies.  I left them 2 months ago and am satisfied with my decision.

By the way, the same predictions being made about FT were being made about StockXpert 1 year ago.

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2009, 19:57 »
0
My Big 4 would be IS, SS, FT, DT .  Although the order changes slightly from time to time, it's always those four. 

Yep same for me - last week has seen a reversal between IS and SS - thanks to SS being down and IS being significantly up - other than that occasionally DT pips IS for #2, but the norm for me is

1.SS
2. IS
3. DT
4. FT

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2009, 20:43 »
0
My big 4 are Istock (around 60% of my total sales revenue), then SS, StockXpert and DT; although SS is declining as I don't have alot of images in my port anymore to submit there.  I've managed one payout from BigStock, but sales there are slooooow.


 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
12 Replies
5552 Views
Last post June 08, 2009, 22:09
by stock shooter
12 Replies
4913 Views
Last post September 26, 2009, 09:37
by weknow

Sponsors

Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results

Sponsors

3100 Posing Cards Bundle