MicrostockGroup Sponsors


Author Topic: Keyword problems  (Read 470 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

« on: June 11, 2020, 05:33 »
0
Anyone else seeing this... and anyone got a fix?

I keyword my photos with photoshop and Bridge before uploading. What I'm seeing is that some photos once they are on the agence site are missing some or all of the keywords and I have to go back to my local copy and paste them across.

This is not down to a particular agency as one photo will show the problem on all of them.

From what I can tell, if I add specific keywords with photoshop and save as jpg, then go to Bridge and add more generic keywords from the batabase (like Blue, Large etc). All looks good on the file when views with Photoshop, Bridge or even windows explorer, but when it gets to the agencies only the first few added by photoshop are seen. Worst still, if I change the keywords (or discription) for example due to wrong identification, by the time it gets to the agencies it's reverted to to the previous discription.

It seems the the info embeded in the file is somehow layered. I see the latest version, the agencies see the first version even if I've since deleted it.

Is there any way of flattening the info in the file so there is only one version?

Thanks


« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 05:53 »
0
I've had no replies from this, no one else getting the problem?

Further investigation using ExifTool to view a good v. bad file, this is what I'm seeing.

On the first pass (new file):

Photoshop/Bridge writes 'Document Title' to 'Object name' & 'Title' fields

Photoshop/Bridge writes 'Description' to 'Caption-Abstract' & 'Description' fields

Photoshop/Bridge writes 'Keywords' to 'Keywords' & 'Subject' fields

However if I later go back and change the details, only the second field is updated, i.e.

Photoshop/Bridge writes 'Document Title' to 'Title' field

Photoshop/Bridge writes 'Description' to 'Description' field

Photoshop/Bridge writes 'Keywords' to 'Subject' field

The first field remains unchanged but is not visable in the photoshop dialog.

The big problem is the agencies read the first invisable field, not the second correct field in each case

I'll try to come up with an ExifTool script to copy the contents of the second field to the first but this doesn't help the photos already out there and 123RF can't be edited once accepted


 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
9 Replies
4140 Views
Last post September 03, 2008, 20:14
by hoi ha
0 Replies
1840 Views
Last post November 20, 2008, 20:03
by azurelaroux
11 Replies
2817 Views
Last post August 30, 2013, 07:16
by ShazamImages
0 Replies
1694 Views
Last post October 21, 2014, 08:20
by grace
15 Replies
2320 Views
Last post June 10, 2020, 14:01
by zequinao

Sponsors

Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results

Sponsors

3100 Posing Cards Bundle