Microstock Photography Forum - General => General Stock Discussion => Topic started by: spike on March 27, 2013, 08:46

Title: 1042-S question
Post by: spike on March 27, 2013, 08:46

sorry to be so uninformed, I got out of the stock game for now, so not sure how to deal with this. I'm not a US resident: I thought we already pay 30% US taxes to all the sales coming from US, so do I need to do anything with this 1042-S document, which I received a couple of days ago? It's from "SS SPV LLC", which I guess is BigStock, but I've already signed the W-8BEN and it has been approved, so 30% is withheld... not sure what to do with this and why they sent it. Could you kindly advise?