MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: I am from tax treaty and I need to pay double tax...???  (Read 2908 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

« on: March 21, 2013, 09:52 »

You are all very kind here. Please help me with a few questions. I am from a tax treaty country and I pay 10% for USA from all my earnings I get in microstock, zazzle etc. I called to the IRIS in my country today. They told me, that I need to pay 30% to my country, from the income I get this way. I asked them why, because I legally pay the 10% tax in USA... they told me that if I work in USA it is fine, but if I work online from my house in my country, I still need to pay 30% for my country. And that it is my problem how I get back my 10% later (from USA).-------------
I am now very confused and disappointed...anyone have alike situation? Do you pay in your country for the income you get in microstock, zazzle, cafepress? It is a double taxation.... Finally is it possible to get those 10% somehow from USA?

Thank you very much
Jinaiji :-[

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 09:53 »
I think the best answer would come from an accountant or tax attorney in your country

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 10:20 »
Thank you Shotupdave,

Yes I already did this, but no one could help me, they could't understand why I pay for USA (they named it as something illegal) and how I can work here without an ITIN number... The last lawyer told me that he will have to go to USA to figure it out and it will cost me a lot of. IRIS didn't know at all how to name the income I get from the microstock.... My country is very small and very new in EU and in relationships with USA... I am afraid no one can help me here, they can tell me only the same thing - "pay here, and what you pay for USA it's your problem". So I am seeking people with alike stories, maybe someone had alike situation...

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 11:20 »
then see if you can talk to a tax atty here in the us, they may able to get your federal tax back here


« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 11:31 »
What country are you in? Or did I miss that?

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 11:44 »
Sorry, for personal reason I don't want to name it loudly, but it is one of the 3 Baltic countries.


« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 11:54 »
Sorry, for personal reason I don't want to name it loudly, but it is one of the 3 Baltic countries.

Try the link I have posted, it lists all countries with tax treaties with USA but i will leave you to dig into your country details and hopefully some guidance.


Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
35 Replies
Last post July 09, 2010, 15:10
by lisafx
0 Replies
Last post January 29, 2013, 13:44
by fambros
3 Replies
Last post July 05, 2013, 04:11
by Looper
3 Replies
Last post May 31, 2017, 16:30
by ShadySue
8 Replies
Last post February 01, 2020, 08:49
by Noedelhap


Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results


3100 Posing Cards Bundle