MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Personal to business account  (Read 1638 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


« on: July 10, 2018, 07:48 »
Hi, I'm looking to register my account as a business one instead of a personal one since I work with second photographers. I am Canadian and got a EIN number from the US government, I would just need to know what w-8 form and documents to submit. There doesn't seem to be clear documentation on any of the agencies sites, would anyone have a good ressource for that? 

thanks  :)


« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 08:21 »
You will have to ask each agency individually. I remember a few of them, definitely SS, sent over some forms to sign to transfer the account from an individual to a business entity.

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 08:21 »
Why would a Canadian have to worry about all that?  I dont file Canadian taxes.

I also only pay temp help as contractors and just need a 1099 if it goes over $600 a year.


« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 08:51 »
From what I was told when I submitted images from a second photographer you need to be register as a business. With a personal account, you can only submit the images you took.

I'm ok doing the change but there is very little information provided. There is also 4 or 5 types of W-8 forms to choose from so it gets pretty confusing!

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 23:48 »
Sounds like you need to talk to a tax account. I would also have some type of  written agreement with your second photographers about ownership of images.


Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
8 Replies
Last post April 12, 2011, 10:18
by microstockphoto.co.uk
4 Replies
Last post July 24, 2012, 09:48
by Lotti
7 Replies
Last post February 05, 2014, 04:33
by Ariene
3 Replies
Last post February 15, 2018, 23:13
by JeyemsRaymond
1 Replies
Last post August 23, 2018, 09:18
by Stockmaan


Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results


3100 Posing Cards Bundle