pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: StockPhotoSpot  (Read 6301 times)

« on: January 26, 2007, 18:43 »
hi all,

i've seen a lot of ads recently for stockphotospot, who offer a flat $2/upload, rather than a pay-per-download system. Anyone had any experience with them?

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 19:14 »
Well they lure you with "Make Some Serious Money" charts, but once you're paid the $2, you accept that you don't have any claim to receive anything else from the picture even if the site sells it.  If you scroll down, here is the trick:

What do you mean by "buying" my photo(s)?
Everytime you upload an accepted photo(s), we will pay you a fee, this fee is a photo license fee. This means we are buying rights to distribute/resell your photo(s) without paying any further fees. You retain all copyright/ownership rights, however you agree to give us, "StockPhotoSpot" and its affiliates, full permission to resell/re-distribute these image(s) without paying any further royalities/fees to you, the photographer.

* Get paid 20c for every photo downloaded by a subscriber (limited time promotion).

No thanks!

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 19:33 »
That would also mean that you have no way of removing the photo again. Doesn't sound like a good idea to me, unless they accept junk that isn't accepted anywhere else.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 04:42 »
This is an absolutely rotten idea.  If you think it s a good idea, I will up their anty and buy your images for $3.00 an image with all selling rights to them.  And come to think of it i think there was another site buying them for $10.00... still WAY to cheap.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 08:03 »
I have to admit I thought it sounded pretty sketchy and would probably prey on people who don't have any experience with stock. Have no  idea how many members/pictures they have.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 08:45 »
Wow.  Look at their images.  There are brand names and copyright issues everywhere.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 11:08 »

As I understand its not 2$ per photo but up to 2$ per photo and its from 10 cents per "acceptable quality photo" up to 2$ for "panoramic/ premium quality photo" , that means that you get  less than 2$ per photo , probably even less than 1$ , and you get 20c when the image is downloaded.

Well here is what they offer:

http://www.stockphotospot.com/photographer_signup.php 

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 19:17 »
And they have * good collection of hyper quality photos ;-)

And their section selection is also very huge....

Illustrations - 0 images
Abstract      - 17 images
Conceptual - 1 image...

LOL.... Enjoy....

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 01:27 »
As I understand its not 2$ per photo but up to 2$ per photo and its from 10 cents per "acceptable quality photo" up to 2$ for "panoramic/ premium quality photo" , that means that you get  less than 2$ per photo , probably even less than 1$ , and you get 20c when the image is downloaded.

Yeah ... and who decides what is "acceptable quality" (for 10c) and what is "panoramic/premium quality" (for $2)?

They do, of course.

What a rip off.

But then there are probably thousands, (maybe even tens of thousands) of amateur photographers who will think this is a great chance. Some agencies (Getty Open in the US, FotoLibra in the UK) even get the photographers to pay them!

Un ...bel ... eevable!

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 14:45 »
UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVEN, STOCKPHOTOSPOT IS A SCAM

They say they pay for uploading photos - which is quite different from most stock sites which pay only for downloads.

They say "monthly, checks are sent out for the previous month's payouts. For example: On the 15th of March, payments will be sent for February uploads & downloads" "once you reach $100 in earnings, a check will automatically be cut and mailed to you"
Now the 15th of june 07 is past and they should have paid for my april and may uploads but they didn't.

I have a credit of $200+. I contacted them three times by email but I only got this automatic reply and no answers: "Your unique ticket number: []. This is an automated response to advise that your query is now being processed and will be answered shortly. Rest assured we will do our best to respond to your query promptly." I also phoned them but there's a pre-recorded message asking to leave a message; of course they don't call back.

They do not even allow me to edit my profile (name, email) or to delete pictures, so not only I am not being paid but they are continuing to sell my pictures for which they don't pay me.

Please note that i also contacted another user and she told me she's not been paid as well. Furthermore, many other users posted comments on the website saying this company doesn't pay.

They also have a "Special Offer Expires: June 21, 2007 @ 11 PM CST. Normally $159.95/yr." but the expiry date is always changing - so I'm afraid they are trying to rip buyers as well as photographers.

Considering they don't pay, they cheat with buyers, they do not allow people to change or delete profiles, and they don't reply to emails or phone I am afraid this site is a complete scam.

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 09:33 »
Stockphotospot is a bad business and I am working on collecting enough info to report them with the Better Business Bureau.

They claim to pay $1-$2, they pay 10c per upload, they claim to provide customer support and guarantee a contact within 24 hours, I have been trying to reach anyone by email for the past year. Completely ignorant.

I uploaded my photos six month ago, but did not get paiD yet.

Their website will list the same photos under "new arrivals" and "most popular" -

the list is endless.

Spread the world and do not deal with a crappy business.

I do my job 100% and expect same from others, drives me up to the wall when it is not the case.

For any info e-mail me to newbielink:mailto:[email protected] [nonactive]