pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Wanna swap images?  (Read 7741 times)

« on: June 27, 2008, 22:57 »
Why not!?
They do it with baseball cards. Is this a viable alternative to taking new images?

I think this concept would only be feasible for photographers who are skilled enough with say photoshop
so that composite images can be formed.

I have my very own stock library from which I draw upon images time and time again to make my concept images.

From a legal point of view, if I relinquish the rights to you there is no problem right?
Some sites require you be the photographer, BUT....I see they allow NASA images.

After giving this some thought this might not be a good idea.
If I use you image and incorporate it into one of my concept images you might have second thoughts.
Nah, this idea aint gonna work.

anybody got any baseball cards they wanna swap?

Cranky MIZ
The voice of reason

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 09:58 »
Sorry I just got rid of all my old baseball cards. They were only a bunch of duplicates. Some guy named Honus something.

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 18:23 »
There's no reason you couldn't find a decent photographer or two. Who are not interested in the mechanics of the stock industry, and use their stuff in your concept work, for some sort of margin agreement....

Lets face it, a lot of us are prepared to go through all this pain for a few bucks a day, you must be able to find someone who is prepared to do it for 25% of a few bucks a day!

Stick an ad on your website for 'Photographers wanted - make money from your photos' and I'd bet you'd get more images to keyword/edit/sort than you coudld work with in a lifetime pretty quickly...

Oh, and we don't do Baseball cards here in NZ, although I do have some weetbix (breakfast cereal) Allblack (rugby team) trading cards from this morning...

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 21:24 »
This is a true story I swear on my children !!

2 years ago I was on the phone with a photographer whom everyone on this forum knows.
He said he admired my work. He proposed to me this arrangement:

He would send me his photographs (he's a pro for many many years) over the net.
I would receive them.
Then I would make concept images out of all he sent me using my photoshop talents.
He then proposed we opened up another account together on SS and sell the images there.
We would split the earnings 50 - 50.

I turned him down.
6 months later he posted a thread on SS about people who use photoshop do so only because they lack photographic skills.
He began ranting and raving against my concepts images. Always referring to me, but never saying my name.
Needles to say, he never has had anything nice to say about me or my work since.
I wont tell you his name, but rest assured he reads and writes in this forum, and he is a professional photog.

I can almost guarantee he wont reply to this thread because if he does I will reveal his name.

Cranky MIZ
The voice of reason 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 05:22 by rjmiz »

alias

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 11:22 »
This just seems like yet more attention seeking trolling. Are you the guy who got banned from the Shutterstock forum for continual trolling their forums? Is this your lame attempt at some sort of revenge?

2 years ago I was on the phone with a photographer whom everyone on this forum knows.

I would receive them.
Then I would make concept images out of all he sent me using my photoshop talents.
He then proposed we opened up another account together on SS and sell the images there.

I turned him down.
6 months later he posted a thread on SS about people who use photoshop do so only because they lack photographic skills.
He began ranting and raving against my concepts images. Always referring to me, but never saying my name.
Needles to say, he never has had anything nice to say about me or my work since.
I wont tell you his name, but rest assured he reads and writes in this forum, and he is a professional photog.

I can almost guarantee he wont reply to this thread because if he does I will reveal his name.

Cranky MIZ
The voice of reason 

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 12:00 »
Yeah I'm the guy who got banned. So what!?
I got banned for criticizing the process which they used to to select reviewers.

Is this what you wanted everyone to know on this forum?
I affirm it.....it's the truth.

Now what?

Cranky MIZ
The voice of reason

Microbius

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 06:48 »

I would receive them.

I turned him down.

Cranky MIZ
The voice of reason 
I couldn't possibly guess who this is but cant believe anyone with any experience in the industry would ever act that unprofessionally. Probably some newbie right? I'm right aren't I? yeah?  ???

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 09:57 »
Yeah your right.

...it was a neewbie professional for many many years....we all know...

Cranky MIZ
The voice of reason

RacePhoto

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 15:03 »
NO! Nope. Nyet. Nix. Nah...

I want you to get back to fixing your Photoshop tutorials that have been
We should be up and running in 1 or 2 days.
The MIZ
Since the beginning of May.  ;D

If I trade you my crappy photos, you'll be doing more hand shakes across the pictures, more blank signs, more keyboards with red keys, and I need the photoshop help more than I need another melting clock or house in reflecting water.

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 17:17 »
My new photoshop tutorials web site is up and running with about 25 new ones since May 18th.
this one http://unnaturalphotos.com/ is not active.

Cranky MIZ
The voice of reason

RacePhoto

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 12:05 »
My new photoshop tutorials web site is up and running with about 25 new ones since May 18th.
this one http://unnaturalphotos.com/ is not active.

Cranky MIZ
The voice of reason

Thanks, I'm sure that many people appreciate your time and efforts to share helpful information.

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 03:07 »
This is true, he made the same offer to a close friend.  And he mentioned to her that he made the same offer to Robert who also turned him down. 

I would receive them.

I turned him down.

Cranky MIZ
The voice of reason 

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 13:24 »
WHO?   Anyway, I would SO do that, if the photographer was actually as good as he says he is.  My photoshop skills and time available to sit at the computer far exceed the time and models I have available to shoot.

Edited:  Whoops.  Sorry, you are right.  Poor choice of words.  I didn't realize he was the OP. 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 13:44 by jalap »

j2k

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 13:37 »
Jalap,
I don't believe your choice of words is intentional, but since the original poster has just passed away, maybe you could reedit your post?

Also seeing one of Miz'es topics getting new posts is a bit strange. Perhaps they should get locked?

Iriz

This user is banned.
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 14:15 »
Jalap,
I don't believe your choice of words is intentional, but since the original poster has just passed away, maybe you could reedit your post?

Also seeing one of Miz'es topics getting new posts is a bit strange. Perhaps they should get locked?

Yeah I'd definitely agree it is strange it's almost like talking to ghosts now in a weird sorta way but not in a bad way.