MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Help with tax form 1042-S  (Read 5446 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

« on: March 22, 2016, 15:56 »
I recieved tax form 1042-S (from Getty Images) in the mail today for my income at iStock during 2015. I live in Sweden which has a tax treaty so I don't have to pay any taxes in the US. Do I still have to send this form to the american IRS?

And why do I get this from Getty when no other agency is sending out this form?


  • There is a crack in everything
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 17:39 »
I have absolutely no idea what the point of that form is, as it only accounts for sales within the US. Possibly the 1099 that I got earlier in the week accounts for files outwith the US. I'm sure my accountant will want a note of the paypal payments as usual, together with the exchange rate. I guess I could send these forms, but without the dated exchange rates, they seem pretty irrelevant.

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 18:02 »
My country does not have tax treaty and I received the same thing.

I guess we don't have to do anything since taxes are withheld at the source, when applicable.

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 11:17 »
Thanks for your answers. Guess I'll just ignore it then, but keep the papers in case somebody will ask for it.


Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
0 Replies
Last post March 27, 2013, 08:46
by spike
30 Replies
Last post August 09, 2016, 15:15
by sweetgirll
2 Replies
Last post April 10, 2017, 13:55
by Hildegarde
1 Replies
Last post April 19, 2022, 11:14
by thx9000
2 Replies
Last post July 13, 2022, 07:48
by leremy


Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results


3100 Posing Cards Bundle